What Day of The Week Do You Like To Shop?

03 Aug 2011 20:13 #1 by MichiganGal

Never Say Never

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2011 20:17 #2 by otisptoadwater
Friday is payday, that is the best day to shop because I actually have money. I make the rounds at the local grocery and fill up the Jeep, from there most of the rest of money is already earmarked for bills or going in to savings.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

03 Aug 2011 20:30 #3 by Blazer Bob

otisptoadwater wrote: Friday is payday, that is the best day to shop because I actually have money. I make the rounds at the local grocery and fill up the Jeep, from there most of the rest of money is already earmarked for bills or going in to savings.

Good point. In San Diego the Navy got paid the 1'st and 15'th. Good days to not go shoping unless the beer locker was empty.

03 Aug 2011 21:08 #4 by otisptoadwater

neptunechimney wrote: Good point. In San Diego the Navy got paid the 1'st and 15'th. Good days to not go shoping unless the beer locker was empty.

One of the best things about working for a big aerospace company is that I get paid weekly; I am no slouch at spending money so it's nice to know I just need to make it last for the week, pay the bills, and try to tuck what's left in to savings.

Truth be told, I'm on the road more than I'm home so the company pays for transportation, meals, and lodging. When I travel beer and entertainment are on me, a six pack and the TV in my hotel room are normally as much drink and entertainment as I need. The Company and the Gubment put a stop to the days of being able to claim maximum per diem so unless you have receipts expenses will be disallowed.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Aug 2011 02:30 #5 by ScienceChic
Every day of the week! My schedule's flexible so I usually try to make it when it's not busy (during weekday work hours especially if traveling highways that will get busy at rush hour), but hubby is a shopper/browser (I usually like to get in and get out with what I want, he likes to go up and down every aisle and peruse) so it's weekends with him.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Aug 2011 09:49 #6 by MellowYellow
:biggrin: For me, it's all about just what I'm shopping FOR! I try to get the "necessary shopping" done on Tuesdays 'cause it doesn't seem to be as crowded at the grocery store. Now, if I'm shopping for FUN STUFF, any day would would work!

04 Aug 2011 10:36 #7 by Local_Historian
What NCG said - fun shopping any time of the week. Necessities? When very few other people are there, cause I'm impatient and diswlike crowds - I want to get in and out.

That being said - never pick up prescriptions on a friday afternoon - ahhhhh! And if you haven't been to IKEA yet, maybe wait til the fervour dies down. We went yesterday so daughter could see it before she heads back to college; I'd call it a cattle drive, except cattle are more polite and will get out of your way.

04 Aug 2011 10:40 #8 by The Viking
I eat as much as 2 or 3 people. So I am at the store 1-3 times a week, depending upon what I need. I like fresh veggies so I shop more often. I just go whenever I need something so I don't have a specific day.

04 Aug 2011 11:53 #9 by MellowYellow

Local_Historian wrote: And if you haven't been to IKEA yet, maybe wait til the fervour dies down. We went yesterday so daughter could see it before she heads back to college; I'd call it a cattle drive, except cattle are more polite and will get out of your way.

:lol: :lol: No way in HADES would I ever go 70-80 miles to be tortured by a human cattle drive! Don't care if everything was $1!

04 Aug 2011 12:20 #10 by Blazer Bob

The Viking wrote: I eat as much as 2 or 3 people..

So you admit you are a cannibal.
:VeryScared:

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds