Mountain Area Business MeetUp

13 Dec 2011 15:40 #1 by Carpet Direct
Is anyone interested in developing a mountain area business leads meetup group? I know there was one in Confer a while back but I cannot seem to find it so I assume it disbanded.
I would love to help other local business grow their customer base and network.
Any interest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2011 16:46 #2 by ScienceChic
I'm interested!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Dec 2011 16:49 #3 by Carpet Direct
I am willing to pay the sponsor costs if we can find a handful of businesses to get started.

MeetUp is a great inexpensive way to network.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/80433/

13 Dec 2011 20:11 #4 by Sean1981
i am interested as well and my friend would like to join in

13 Dec 2011 21:51 #5 by Carpet Direct
Sounds like there is a need and a desire to get good hard working folks together to help each other build some great businesses and strengthen our community.
When is a good time for folks to get together.
Mornings, Lunch, early evenings?

14 Dec 2011 17:02 #6 by deltamrey
An excellent idea - expansion to other adjacent areas and internet based facilitation may be helpful.

14 Dec 2011 17:10 #7 by ScienceChic
During the day is best for me as I'm often single-momming it and am free only when the kids are in school. I can do nights if hubby's around.

The chambers of commerce are excellent networking resources for helping your business as well - there is a huge focus right now for local businesses to help support one another (for example, the lady who runs the Conifer Community Park is making sure to send her event info to the couple who runs Lynwood Park so they can tell visitors about fun things to do, or if they don't have room at their lodge, they call up a nearby B&B and ask them if they have room and send the visitors there rather than out of the area, etc).

I'd be happy to share more info about that, and more beyond that!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Dec 2011 11:30 #8 by Carpet Direct
I will get the ball rolling at the first of the year to get a group going. Please add suggestion about what you would like to have in our group. Speakers and such.
Merry Christmas to all. Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year.

16 Dec 2011 11:31 #9 by Carpet Direct
Great suggestions SC. The great thing about MeetUp though is that it is completely low cost.

22 Jan 2012 07:08 #10 by Greenlady
I would be interested in this too.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds