Thank You for an Awesome Lock-In last night CTI!

27 Oct 2012 09:50 #1 by ScienceChic
My kids had a blast last night, you guys are wonderful! Thank you!!

Parents: can you imagine spending only $40 to have two kids watched ALL Night Long, they attend an hour long taekwondo class, then the instructors put together elaborate obstacle courses and other games for them to play before they feed them pizza (included), let them watch movies, and crash at the school? All while being watched by half a dozen or more black belt taekwondo instructors? Safe, educational, good exercise, learning important self-defense skills, and having FUN all at the same time - does your babysitter do that for you??? :)

Last night, they decorated the whole Green Mountain Campus, and divided it up into the Witches Room, the Ogre's Room, and the Evasion Chamber. They attached glow sticks to the kids which were their "lives" and the kids had to practice their evasion drills to keep from losing their "lives", then answer a test question from the Witch to get a piece of candy (my son had to know how many moves were in the Taegeuk Il-Chung poomse), then steal the "life" from the Ogre in the last room (that had no windows and the lights were turned off).

After that the black belts, and any kids who requested it, dressed up as zombies and tried to steal life forces again. Good practice for their self defense moves of how to break various types of holds that attackers would attempt.

They ate pizza and watched Rio and a Winnie the Pooh movie, got to stay up late, and had a blast. When us parents arrived at 8am this morning, most of them were still sound asleep when they are usually at least moving if not packed up and ready to go - they were worn out! It was my daughter's first Lock-In and she loved it.

I can't tell you how much I love the instructors and appreciate all they do for our kids. It's obvious that they love spending time with our kids, care about their growth and development into self-confident, mature, responsible adults, and go the extra lengths in that dedication and commitment to their mission. We're now headed back there so my oldest can go around to neighborhoods in his uniform and ask for donations of canned goods for their Food Drive which they donate to a local food pantry. Community Services is an important part of their mission, which I appreciate as well. Thank you CTI for all you do!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2013 10:19 #2 by ColoradoTaekwondo
We are so glad they enjoyed it! The Halloween one was the best! We have another Lock-In this Friday, February 1st at the Green Mountain Campus. You can see all of our current and upcoming events on ourevents page: http://www.coloradotaekwondo.com/page/show/266520-events !

Educational Martial Arts for All Ages Since 1983!
www.coloradotaekwondo.com
Locations in Conifer, Lakewood, Littleton, Golden, Westminster & Craig
10903 US Hwy 285, Conifer CO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds