Shall we play a game?

10 Sep 2013 20:54 #11 by otisptoadwater
It's pretty easy once you master making the dough (and no, it's not something I have figured out yet but I'm gonna keep trying). Roll out the dough in to thin rounds and wrap them around the molds. The argument starts when you commit to deep frying or baking them; I like both varieties but it's an item of contention for many cannoli aficionados. For me the shell is just a vehicle for the filling, the filling makes the cannoli.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Sep 2013 21:00 #12 by mountaindollar
I would not have thought you put it on the outside looks like something you would stuff.

I need to look into it I am always up for a challenge and I have both an oven and a fryer.

10 Sep 2013 21:03 #13 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Shall we play a game?
Sure! Play the game when I am out to dinner. I knew right away. But that is because I almost bought one last week when I was in the store. Fresh garlic is pretty easy to peel just rubbing a couple of cloves in your hands. I did manage to buy a bunch of other stuff.

I had to get the glow in the dark dinosaur puzzle. The one that matches my wooden ones. tongue:

10 Sep 2013 21:22 #14 by mountaindollar

pacamom wrote: Sure! Play the game when I am out to dinner. I knew right away. But that is because I almost bought one last week when I was in the store. Fresh garlic is pretty easy to peel just rubbing a couple of cloves in your hands. I did manage to buy a bunch of other stuff.

I had to get the glow in the dark dinosaur puzzle. The one that matches my wooden ones. tongue:

I tell you the peelers are great and no smell on the hands not to mention they are dishwasher safe.

I am sorry I missed you, but will have to say this time of year we have lots to do to get ready for winter so weekend off are nice.

Thanks for stopping by!!!!

Kim

10 Sep 2013 21:24 #15 by mountaindollar

otisptoadwater wrote: It's pretty easy once you master making the dough (and no, it's not something I have figured out yet but I'm gonna keep trying). Roll out the dough in to thin rounds and wrap them around the molds. The argument starts when you commit to deep frying or baking them; I like both varieties but it's an item of contention for many cannoli aficionados. For me the shell is just a vehicle for the filling, the filling makes the cannoli.

Ok, do you think you can make them without the mold?

My guess is that they have been around for longer than molds and I would like to give it a try.

10 Sep 2013 21:25 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Shall we play a game?
I want one of those garlic peelers - I about killed my fingertips last year when peeling 75 cloves to make spaghetti sauce and garlic dill pickles back-to-back weekends. I only recognized it b/c I had a Pampered Chef show not long ago (theirs are a little more expensive).

Are you going to do another guessing game? This was fun!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Sep 2013 21:31 #17 by otisptoadwater

mountaindollar wrote: Ok, do you think you can make them without the mold?

My guess is that they have been around for longer than molds and I would like to give it a try.

I know what a long john is and I'm guessing you'd end up with something like that without the mold but cannoli dough is thin and crispy not cake-doughy so without the shell that results from using a mold you'd have some sort of crunchy outside and liquid, raw inside nasty lump of "schtuff." Someone who makes cannolis please prove me wrong.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

10 Sep 2013 21:32 #18 by mountaindollar

Science Chic wrote: I want one of those garlic peelers - I about killed my fingertips last year when peeling 75 cloves to make spaghetti sauce and garlic dill pickles back-to-back weekends. I only recognized it b/c I had a Pampered Chef show not long ago (theirs are a little more expensive).

Are you going to do another guessing game? This was fun!

Many recipes you need a whole clove (not smashed) we make pickled garlic and I push cloves into many meats we cook/smoke.

I would love to play more games and introduce more items that we carry. We have another order coming in next week so I need to look and see if there is something that is not obvious.

I will also try and post some of our best sellers and with the holidays coming up we have so great stuff.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds