Fundraising on Facebook

06 Apr 2017 17:13 #1 by SocialMediaMaiden
With the popularity of sites such as GoFundMe and other fundraising websites, it was just a matter of time before Facebook starting a fundraising method as well. Facebook currently has a feature where you can send money through their messenger application to another member, but this takes fundraising to another level.

We all are lazy when it comes to our online experiences. As a marketer, I tell my clients to be sure not to include too many links or steps for a consumer to find a way to purchase your product or read your content – we have to make it easy. I’m sure we all have had experiences where we get frustrated by the speed of a page or content we want being buried and we just close the site.

This is where Facebook’s move is genius. This will allow users to fund a campaign without having to leave Facebook at all.

Here are the ways you can use a Facebook fundraising campaign:
- Education: such as tuition, books or classroom supplies
- Medical: such as medical procedures, treatments or injuries
- Pet Medical: such as veterinary procedures, treatments or injuries
- Crisis Relief: such as a personal crises or natural disaster
- Personal Emergency: such as a house fire, theft, or car accident
- Funeral or Loss: such as burial costs or living costs after losing a loved one

I believe Facebook will find this a smart move to add to their platform. Users will be thrilled with the ease of the new tool.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds