Fed target rate raised today, what does that mean for mortgage rates?

16 Dec 2015 20:48 #1 by MattMetcalf
Fed target rate raised today, but did you know it does not mean mortgage rates went up? They have been a little higher in anticipation of the change, but that FED rate does not directly affect mortgage rates. Are you interested in rates and the affect on the Denver Real Estate market for 2016? Call me and let's discuss your questions even if you are just curious. 720.260.0180

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2015 20:15 #2 by MattMetcalf
Stop searching the internet and dreaming. Get honest advice from an experienced agent who sells a home every 7 days. The end of the year tends to be slower, but Denver's economy and diverse business community mean that the real estate market is likely to stay strong for years to come. Taking advantage of the lower rates and get your dream home! No pressure just knowledge based answers Matt 720.260.0180

Is it the right time for you? Can you get that dream home? How much can you sell your current home for? How do you make it work? What are all the options? What have you got to lose, no pressure just answers and advice based on my 20+ years of experience as a real estate agent and lender.

21 Mar 2016 20:46 #3 by MattMetcalf
How are Interest Rates Impacting Denver Real Estate in 2016?

Fall of 2015 was filled with speculation and uncertainty about Fed rate increases. How much would they increase and how would the hike affect mortgage rates and the economy? The Fed did raise rates and mortgage rates also increased slightly, but since that time mortgage rates have dropped again. (There are now many options at or below 4%). These low mortgage rates have an effect on housing and the economy nationally, but have a particularly large impact in a strong housing market like Denver.

Denver real estate inventory continues to hit new year over year lows for active listings. This alarmingly low inventory along with low mortgage rates mean prices will continue to escalate during the spring and summer buying season.

Overall sellers will continue to have a large advantage with the ability to dictate terms and push new price highs. Buyers and sellers should also be aware that the time on market and demand varies within the Denver metro area based on price range and location. This means that some price ranges and areas sell much faster than others. Knowing which your home fits into is important.

Want to learn more? Go to my blog simplydenverhomes.com/uncategorized/denver-real-estate/

Delve deeper into your price range, neighborhood and options - Contact me at 720.260.0180!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds