Grass Fire - Clear Creek - off 6th Centennial Cone Trail

30 Jun 2013 08:17 #1 by Reverend Revelant
The online scanner feed I listen to is offline right now... so this info is just from the Evergreen FD on a analog scanner I have, I don't have supporting info from Jeffco sheriff or other agencies.

39.745585,-105.336206 (put that in Google Maps)

It off the Centennial Cone Trail... was about 50x50 feet when reporting person called this into the FD. Grass and pine needles.

If anyone has another monitoring source, or has picked info off the various social media sources, please add to the info.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2013 08:20 #2 by Reverend Revelant
Ok... online scanner is back on... I'm monitoring.

30 Jun 2013 08:25 #3 by Reverend Revelant
FD on screen setting up a Command Post.

30 Jun 2013 09:20 #4 by Reverend Revelant
Jeffcosheriffco ‏@jeffcosheriffco 20m- Small, slow moving grass fire in a rocky area of Mayhem Gulch trailhead - near Tunnel 3 & Hwy 6. Golden Gate & Golden Fire enroute.

30 Jun 2013 09:20 #5 by ScienceChic
Would this be the same fire? I'm guessing so because they don't have anything else reported. Checking other sites.

From Colorado Wildfires group:
New fire being fought by Golden Gate Firefighters...near Mayhem gulch in Clear Creek Canyon west of Golden. About 1 acre in size. Firefighters have to hike into this fire because of rugged terrain.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Jun 2013 09:26 #6 by Reverend Revelant
They have a partial line around it.

30 Jun 2013 09:28 #7 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: Would this be the same fire? I'm guessing so because they don't have anything else reported. Checking other sites.

From Colorado Wildfires group:
New fire being fought by Golden Gate Firefighters...near Mayhem gulch in Clear Creek Canyon west of Golden. About 1 acre in size. Firefighters have to hike into this fire because of rugged terrain.

Yes... same fire... Various trails have been mentioned including Travois Trail, Mayhem and Centennial. It's north/northwest from Tunnel 3 on 6th.

30 Jun 2013 09:28 #8 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Jun 2013 09:34 #9 by Reverend Revelant
They are closing down the trails from the trailheads.

30 Jun 2013 09:38 #10 by Reverend Revelant
They are starting to dig a 2nd line... and then are going to let it burn out.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds