Accident Hwy 285 at Rosalie Rd (MM225)

18 Nov 2021 15:17 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Per cosmiccowboy55: 2 vehicle head-on collision on Hwy 285 near Rosalie Rd in Bailey. Park County law enforcement is on scene, Platte Canyon Fire responding, mutual aid from Elk Creek Fire requested for ambulance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2021 15:27 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
Photo by Shawn:

CDOT @ColoradoDOT 3m
Road closed due to a crash at County Road 43A. US-285 at mile point 225 Rosalie Rd is fully blocked in each direction due to a multi vehicle crash. Seek alternate route and expect delays.
Attachments:

18 Nov 2021 15:36 #3 by MountainTownAlerts

18 Nov 2021 15:52 #4 by HappyCamper
I was just back about 10 vehicles from this I did not see the crash just a big plume of smoke.

I turned around and went down Roland valley to 72.

18 Nov 2021 16:14 #5 by MountainTownAlerts
Glad you are safe Happy Camper.

Per James Richardson, rescue crews are still trying to extricate a 3rd critically-injured party.

18 Nov 2021 16:36 #6 by MountainTownAlerts
Southbound traffic is backed up to the light at Pine Junction. mymountaintown.com/weather-traffic

The accident is just north of Rosalie Rd, traffic is detouring around the accident using Rosalie. Please go slow and take care on the back roads.
Attachments:

18 Nov 2021 16:44 #7 by HappyCamper
For those that are up by Pine Junction is there a way they can get around it? Asking so that I know in the future what my options are.

18 Nov 2021 18:15 #8 by ScienceChic
Yes, you can take Roland Dr to Meadow Dr to 72 and come out at the top of Crow Hill. If you need to get to roads off of Rosalie Dr, take the same route but turn onto Sleepy Hollow Dr from 72.

If it's backed up to the light at Pine Junction, you can take 126 down to Cochise Trail to Holmes Gulch Way to High Meadow Ln to 72. It's a lot longer is all.

As always when taking the back roads, please go slow and take your time. They are not highways and residents often complain of people horribly speeding when taking them as detours around accidents or because of bad weather. Everyone please get home safe, that's what's important.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Nov 2021 18:39 #9 by HappyCamper
Thanks, Sharon, I thought I remembered that there was a way and several years ago we had a paper map that the realtors offered in both of our cars but not sure if there is such a thing anymore.

With the poor cell Internet service up here, it is really hard to navigate.

18 Nov 2021 20:57 #10 by MountainTownAlerts

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds