Oakes steps forward - The Flume

19 Aug 2010 17:47 #1 by Flume editor
Bailey resident Natasha Oakes, 24, has stepped forward to tell her story and perhaps end years of rumors with regard to her relationship with former Park County deputy and school resource officer Jeff Wood. Details in this week's Flume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2010 19:02 #2 by RHT08
Replied by RHT08 on topic Oakes steps forward - The Flume
FLUME I can't see how you can title some report as "STEPS FORWARD" when this report was filed via an e-mail,,Isn't it funny she would not come in or talk by phone???? You have dismissed all other accounts as just rumour...But you ran with this account. Where is the hard proof that this was really her???? Could'nt anyone e-mail you and claim to be "HER" We don't really know if this is the victim from the high school or another one of his flings????? You should do some research before publication, I may be wrong but just a thought

P.S. YOUR LINK TO THE FLUME ONLY SHOW LAST WEEKS EDITION...

20 Aug 2010 18:31 #3 by MamaRama
I AGREE with you RHT08 anyone could have emailed? that letter... Maybe Fred's wife?? ALL IS POSSIBLE... NO PROOF...

20 Aug 2010 19:07 - 20 Aug 2010 20:11 #4 by Hard To Say
Freds wife ,? / Have you one shred of evidence? or is this another False, slanderous, suggeston?

20 Aug 2010 19:25 #5 by Duck Mom
She has 3 young children. Probably a job, too. Maybe answering questions by e-mail is easier for her? I know I am not a fan of lengthy telephone calls- especially with my kids around.

22 Aug 2010 20:43 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Oakes steps forward - The Flume
So email saves her time?
I have to agree....an email interview is pretty lame.

23 Aug 2010 07:46 #7 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Oakes steps forward - The Flume
Those who seem the most unhappy with the email interview are part of the group that made this an issue in the election. I don't believe any statements brought forward will make them happy unless it supports their position something illegal happened and PCSO covered it up.

23 Aug 2010 08:13 #8 by Dilbert
Would her response be different by phone than by email? Just a question.

23 Aug 2010 08:35 #9 by Nobody that matters
Emotionally charged issues are often better handled in a written medium than verbal. Perhaps on a phone call, she would be afraid of a misinterpretation or miscommunication. This is a very hot issue. The written word can be saved and debated easilly, while a phone interview would leave questions regarding tone, inflection and pauses.

If I were involved, you can bet that EVERYTHING would be in written form, and carefully crafted and edited in order to express concise thoughts and accounts.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

23 Aug 2010 12:24 - 23 Aug 2010 12:38 #10 by justchecking
I think she was very smart to do an email interview instead of verbal. This way she knew exactly what she said. There is no room for interpretation. This also gave her a chance to choose her words wisely. Look at every question and make sure her answers were correct and were going to be used correctly.

Now on the idea that someone else sent in the email. Let's use our heads here. How would anyone else know that The Flume was looking for an interview from her? Just out of the blue some girl thinks for giggles she will send in a false report of what happened. I think some people are being quite paranoid.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds