285 Tea Party Meeting Tonight

21 Jan 2011 08:29 #11 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic 285 Tea Party Meeting Tonight

archer wrote:

Grady wrote: By

“wants to better the country”

I assume you mean want a bigger central government, more frivolous spending, more taxes, more infringement of our rights?

You would be wrong......I don't want a bigger gov't, I want a smarter gov't, I don't want more frivolous spending, I want smarter spending.....and I definitly want a better tax code......as for infringement of our rights.....I will never be conservative enough to want that.

Here is what the Tea Party desires

government should be reduced to the lowest practical level, that government should practice fiscal responsibility, that we need to protect the rights of our citizens

and your stated desires

I don't want a bigger gov't, I want a smarter gov't, I don't want more frivolous spending, I want smarter spending.....and I definitly want a better tax code.

Seems to me to be right in line.

The next meeting will be in February 3rd Thursday same time,same place. :biggrin:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2011 09:13 #12 by archer

The Viking wrote:

archer wrote:

Grady wrote: By

“wants to better the country”

I assume you mean want a bigger central government, more frivolous spending, more taxes, more infringement of our rights?

You would be wrong......I don't want a bigger gov't, I want a smarter gov't, I don't want more frivolous spending, I want smarter spending.....and I definitly want a better tax code......as for infringement of our rights.....I will never be conservative enough to want that.

Based upon your description, you are totally a Conservative!! You are against everything Liberals stand for. And the last two years with the Dems totally in in control, is when we have had more infringment on our rights than ever in history! So when are you switching your voter registration?

You really don't get it.....liberals don't stand for any of those things, It's only the right wing that thinks they do. Spread the lie enough times and people start to believe it. Smarter gov't? Not a conservative goal, they just want smaller, no matter what it does to the country. Smarter spending? Conservatives want to cut spending only on those things that they don't believe in, heaven help the person who wants to cut their sacred cows. Tax code? As long as it favors the wealthy and corporations, they will leave that dinosaur alone. And last, but not least, infringement on rights? Both parties seem bent on taking away rights they don't think fit with their ideology.....I can live with the petty stuff liberals tinker with.....I cannot live with the conservtives idea that you must live by their rules, no matter what, they don't want freedom, they want to dictate who gets to do what when.

21 Jan 2011 09:37 #13 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: [ Spread the lie enough times and people start to believe it. Smarter gov't? Not a conservative goal, they just want smaller, no matter what it does to the country. Smarter spending? Conservatives want to cut spending only on those things that they don't believe in, heaven help the person who wants to cut their sacred cows. Tax code? As long as it favors the wealthy and corporations, they will leave that dinosaur alone. And last, but not least, infringement on rights? Both parties seem bent on taking away rights they don't think fit with their ideology.....I can live with the petty stuff liberals tinker with.....I cannot live with the conservtives idea that you must live by their rules, no matter what, they don't want freedom, they want to dictate who gets to do what when.

I agree with your first sentence. The rest is the most comprehensive blanket characterization of stereotypical left wing propaganda that I have seen in quite a while.
I, on the other hand, am open minded. I DO NOT believe that every raving liberal wants to fly planes into IRS buildings, hates George Bush or want to commit mass murder. :popcorn:

21 Jan 2011 10:00 #14 by archer
Obviously we both have our stereotypes, you characterized my opinions as conservative, I view them as liberal.

21 Jan 2011 12:17 #15 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: Obviously we both have our stereotypes, .

Common ground at last. Perhaps if we can work though it we will lay the groundwork for solving the worlds problems.

I do not believe that every lib thinks that anyone who disagrees with them is ether ignorant, stupid or evil. Can we agree on that?

I do not believe that every conservative believes exactly the same thinks and walks in lock step with each other.
Can we agree on that?

15 Apr 2011 17:41 #16 by Blazer Bob
Did anyone make it to the rally in Denver?

10 Jun 2011 15:22 #17 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic 285 Tea Party Meeting Tonight
[center:3akbajcw]Beaver Ranch
Meeting will be a complete round table open discussion

Topic : What Does The 285 Tea Party Stand For?

Bring your questions, answers and opinions!

Why have you joined?
What do you want the 285 Tea Party to stand for?
What would you like to see accomplished?
What can you contribute to this goal? What are your passions?

We will have an Open Discussion led by Acclaimed Author and Constitutional Scholar D.H. Knox and the core group of the Tea Party Local Group. Let's break this down to the REAL ISSUES affecting this great nation. Bring your friends!
[/center:3akbajcw]

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds