3 Ways to Cut Oil Prices- Gingrich

03 Apr 2011 14:31 #1 by Nmysys
[youtube:ead9c6df]
[/youtube:ead9c6df]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2011 16:04 #2 by kresspin
He sounds like he's against speculators... a bastion of the conservative movement. Like trying to make money on Wall Street is a bad thing. Heck, I even dabble in Futures on the commodity market. Is Newt against that?

The SOR is specifically for when/if our nation's oil supply is disrupted -- not for when prices go up. They haven't hit the highs when George Bush was president and even HE didn't considering releasing oil from the reserve.

What's sad is president after president has talked about the the energy crisis and what needs to be done but not a single one has been able to get Congress to pass legislation to do anything about it.

Now, we hear from the architect of the Contract With America that didn't even fulfill that promise and somehow he's now to be believed?

03 Apr 2011 16:44 #3 by Rick

kresspin wrote:
What's sad is president after president has talked about the the energy crisis and what needs to be done but not a single one has been able to get Congress to pass legislation to do anything about it.

So you must know what the answer to the energy crisis is. Care to share what you would do if you were President?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Apr 2011 17:24 #4 by kresspin
As I've said before: drive less. But if you look at what each of our past presidents have given as solutions you might have some other ideas. They've been talking about solutions since the gas lines of the 70s.

It's pretty clear Tea Partier Rand Paul doesn't think much of Newt Gingrich...

[youtube:11a2aqb0]
[/youtube:11a2aqb0]

04 Apr 2011 09:06 #5 by Rick
Your answer is drive less? How would you accomplish that other than raising gas taxes and hurting the people that need the most help in this crappy economy? So anyone who does not have access to a bus or carpool is just out of luck. And I could care less who doesn't like who, it won't fix the problem.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Apr 2011 10:49 #6 by kresspin
Yeah, drive less. Cut your driving by 10%. It's no different than shrinking our budget 10%. Something has to give. Sacrifices have to be made if we want to affect any sort of change. I'm not saying make up the 10% by carpooling or public transportation. I'm saying cut your driving by 10%, period. We all make many useless trips every week that could be combined into one or put off or asking a neighbor to come along. People drive less when gas prices are high. It can be done.

We use too much gasoline, like pigs at the trough. We eat everything that's there.

Demand goes down. Supply goes up. Prices go down.

04 Apr 2011 13:36 #7 by Nmysys
Liberals are so smart!!!

My dog likes them too!

04 Apr 2011 13:39 #8 by Rick
I agree that if the entire world would somehow cut gas usage, but how do you get people to stop driving? It's like telling overwieght people to stop eating so much....how do you force it? Just telling people to stop driving is just like "just say no to drugs" .....how did that work out? And, try to get China to reduce oil, they use more and more every year and could care less what we want them to do.

George Orwell

04 Apr 2011 13:51 #9 by BearMtnHIB

Yeah, drive less. Cut your driving by 10%. It's no different than shrinking our budget 10%. Something has to give. Sacrifices have to be made if we want to affect any sort of change.

The statement above - is a perfect example of ignorance. What your really saying is not that we should cut back as individuals- but your saying that our economy has to cut back. Our economy runs on energy and if we cut it back 10% or more- get ready for 10%+ less economic activity. As an individual, I may be able to cut back 10%- but not much more.

If our economy has to cut back like that - get ready for unemployment rate to go from 22% to 32%+ - almost overnight.

I usually agree with Gingrich - he's a pretty smart man, but he's wrong about the speculators. Speculation in markets does not affect long term aggregate prices, and he should know this.

What does affect prices - are levels of SUPPLY and DEMAND. The fact is that Demand is rising, and Supply is falling. There are only 2 ways to cut oil prices, reduce demand or increase supply.

Gingrich is right about the shale- we have enough evergy in Colorado-Wyoming-Utah to power this country for more than 500 years, but we need to start on the road to utilization. It's politically incorrect acording to our current liberal administration. The energy is there- we just need to stop the regulation and prohibition that keeps our energy industry from developing it.

Obama talkes out of both sides of his mouth on this issue- one side he says we should develop new energy sources- and the other side his policy is doing everything it can to keep it from happening. He has done everything in his power to make traditional economical energy more expensive because he has a bias towards green energy.

We don't have an energy problem- we have a political problem.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds