Americans Killed While Waiting To Cross Border

05 Apr 2011 09:38 #1 by Grady

A mixed martial arts fighter was one of two Americans gunned down in an execution-style killing near the San Ysidro border crossing Monday morning.

Mexican authorities say Sergio Salcido Luna and Kevin Joel Romero were waiting in their company truck while waiting to cross into the U.S. before dawn.

A gunman walked up to the white Mazda truck with California license plates and opened fire at least five times, killing both men as they sat in traffic.

Read about it here on NBCSanDiego.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2011 09:48 #2 by Nmysys
Good for you Grady. Keep the violence on the border in front of everyone to let them know what is going on.

05 Apr 2011 11:35 #3 by OmniScience
This is obviously misinformation. Napolitano said our borders are more secure than ever.

“Seizures of contraband are up in all categories, illegal drugs, illegal bulk case, illegal weapons, all substantially up. And as I said before, violent crime in our border communities has actually remained flat or actually fallen,” Napolitano said.

Maybe. However, the level of violence has certainly escalated.

05 Apr 2011 11:44 #4 by LadyJazzer
Uh...They were killed on the MEXICAN side of the border...with 9mm ammo--like the cartels use....

Tell me again, how that has ANYTHING to do with Napolitano?

05 Apr 2011 12:20 #5 by OmniScience
Neither her nor our President (or past Presidents) has the backbone to demand some real cooperation or action from the dysfunctional Mexican government. We're spending a ton of money and resources trying to secure the border and the Mexican government spends money encouraging citizens to illegally cross the border. I wonder if Mexico is still printing the comic book on how to cross the border illegally? What a joke.

But, I guess it's alright as long as innocent people are getting executed on the other side of the fence.

05 Apr 2011 14:04 #6 by LadyJazzer
It's not "alright"...But on the Mexican side it's NOT Napolitano's responsibility or the responsibility of the US Government...

Nice outrage-of-the-day, though...

05 Apr 2011 14:06 #7 by outdoor338
oh..so the murder of two Americans means nothing to LJ, just that they were murdered on the mexican side..nice!

05 Apr 2011 16:02 #8 by bailey bud
The murder of two Americans does not prove that Napolitano is doing a bad job. Nor does it justify the
brown person hysteria that "shut the border" folks like to promote.

One of the victims was a professional fighter. There's all kinds of organized crime tied in with sports - including professional fighters.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn the victims were really fallen to organized crime.

05 Apr 2011 16:17 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
They may have had dual citizenship, and were thought to be either informants, or maybe even smugglers themselves.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds