Here are your 'death panels'....

16 Apr 2011 14:48 #11 by archer

BearMtnHIB wrote: I hope you read the article Archer.

I wouldn't trust this government to do anything right if I were you.

You're not me......

Nmysys.....I thought I heard the sound of conservative hoof beats as soon as I hit <enter>, sometime I think you and outdoor lie in wait for a liberal to post anything. Really, you need to get a life.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2011 14:59 - 16 Apr 2011 15:00 #12 by major bean

archer wrote: I have never understood the argument than the US shouldn't have national healthcare because other nations that do have national healthcare have done it badly. Sad that the greatest nation on earth is viewed as being unable to do something better than Sweden, or the UK, or Canada. Am I the only one who thinks that the US can do anything it puts its minds and creativity to doing? We went to the moon, but we can't develop a better healthcare system?

BS

Just because all other purchasers of a Yugo have bought a pile of junk doesn't mean that you should expect to also get a pile of junk if you buy a Yugo.

That is your logic archer. Stupid, huh?

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Apr 2011 14:59 #13 by archer
Yes Bear.....I read the article....I have read equally damning articles on health care here.....have a few stories of my own when it comes to dealing with insurance companies and trying to get life saving treatments. ...we can, and should, do better. If this nation cannot take care of ALL it's citizens with adequate healthcare, then we too are no better than a 3rd world country. If that is acceptable to the majority in this country, then that is what we will get. And it does seem as though most citizens do not want healthcare for everybody, just for those who make enough to afford it.

16 Apr 2011 15:02 #14 by archer

major bean wrote:

archer wrote: I have never understood the argument than the US shouldn't have national healthcare because other nations that do have national healthcare have done it badly. Sad that the greatest nation on earth is viewed as being unable to do something better than Sweden, or the UK, or Canada. Am I the only one who thinks that the US can do anything it puts its minds and creativity to doing? We went to the moon, but we can't develop a better healthcare system?

BS

Just because all other owners of a Yugo have bought a pile of junk doesn't mean that you should expect to also get a pile of junk if you buy a Yugo.

And here is the second horseman riding to the rescue, can outdoor be far behind?

So, you are saying that if we wanted universal healthcare we have to buy someone elses (a yugo).....that we are not smart enough to build our own (a Saturn Rocket)?

16 Apr 2011 15:04 #15 by archer
All the rah rah rah you guys put forth when talking about this great country looks like a lie when you try to convince others that there are things we are incapable of doing better than anyone else. I just don't believe that, and never will. I see the great things this nation has been capable of just in my lifetime alone, you naysayers are just wrong. IMHO

16 Apr 2011 15:30 #16 by major bean

archer wrote:

major bean wrote:

BS

Just because all other owners of a Yugo have bought a pile of junk doesn't mean that you should expect to also get a pile of junk if you buy a Yugo.

And here is the second horseman riding to the rescue, can outdoor be far behind?

So, you are saying that if we wanted universal healthcare we have to buy someone elses (a yugo).....that we are not smart enough to build our own (a Saturn Rocket)?

What I am saying is that the nature of the beast has been displayed by other countries.
It will not work. But some stupid people will continue to try what has been proven does not work.
They said it couldn't be done, and foreign countries are the ones who proved it.
How stupid would we be to adopt a failed system?

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Apr 2011 15:38 #17 by LOL
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14329527

"Denver boy, 9, died after state-benefits (medicaid) error denied him asthma medication"

A Montbello mother says her 9-year-old son's death from severe asthma could have been prevented had Denver Human Services resolved problems with his Medicaid pharmacy benefits.

Yes it happens in both public and private systems. Both were mistakes. The conclusion? Do what is right for your health first (listen to your doc). Then battle the gov't and insurance companies later.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

16 Apr 2011 19:15 #18 by Nmysys

sometime I think

Archer:

Can you provide a link to prove that??

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds