Our Discussion....

17 Apr 2011 08:33 #11 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic Our Discussion....
Ignore him and keep up the real discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2011 08:49 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Our Discussion....
He's been on Ignore for a couple of years now....

17 Apr 2011 09:02 #13 by nothing wrong with me
Part of the problem is you guys as posters are doing this all wrong.
When a thought or comment comes up that is slightly not on the topic you jump all over it.
And you guys make it go off into nut land with posts that start talking about the comment instead of sticking the the original conversation.
Just ignore the comment, DON'T say anything about it, and keep with the conversation. That will keep their comment isolated and the discussion will continue to move.
You want to see things change, you start with that I would be willing to bet that will change your flow here.

17 Apr 2011 09:09 #14 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Our Discussion....

nothing wrong with me wrote: Part of the problem is you guys as posters are doing this all wrong.
When a thought or comment comes up that is slightly not on the topic you jump all over it.
And you guys make it go off into nut land with posts that start talking about the comment instead of sticking the the original conversation.
Just ignore the comment, DON'T say anything about it, and keep with the conversation. That will keep their comment isolated and the discussion will continue to move.
You want to see things change, you start with that I would be willing to bet that will change your flow here.

I understand your viewpoint and I actually agree with it....to a degree. When you are talking about mostly reasonable and well-intentioned posters, taking that tactic usually solves the problem.

However, there are a handful of posters here who are so freaking obnoxious and disruptive that ignoring them would be a little like ignoring a sewage backup flooding into your kitchen. It only starts stinking more the longer it's allowed to keep flowing.

But your point is well taken. I don't think the poison in this well is going away any time soon. I think I may go back to skipping this forum. It's not worth wading through the sewage to get to the occasional island of sanity.

17 Apr 2011 09:39 #15 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Our Discussion....

LadyJazzer wrote: He's been on Ignore for a couple of years now....

Thanks for this tip. I didn't even realize there was such a function here but I just found it and took full advantage of it. Maybe the air will feel a little less stench-filled here now. :biggrin:

17 Apr 2011 09:41 #16 by nothing wrong with me

AspenValley wrote:

nothing wrong with me wrote: Part of the problem is you guys as posters are doing this all wrong.

I understand your viewpoint and I actually agree with it....to a degree. When you are talking about mostly reasonable and well-intentioned posters, taking that tactic usually solves the problem.

However, there are a handful of posters here who are so freaking obnoxious and disruptive that ignoring them would be a little like ignoring a sewage backup flooding into your kitchen. It only starts stinking more the longer it's allowed to keep flowing.

But your point is well taken. I don't think the poison in this well is going away any time soon. I think I may go back to skipping this forum. It's not worth wading through the sewage to get to the occasional island of sanity.

Try it and see if I am right. I suspect they will get bored.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds