Democrats disgusted with Obama

16 Apr 2011 19:06 #1 by major bean
It is about time.

There is no more visible symbol of Democratic disgruntlement than the woman who was perhaps the president’s closest ally when she wielded the speaker’s gavel. When Nancy Pelosi voted against the budget measure Thursday, she did little to hide her anger with the White House over the fact that Obama, for the first time, had left her out of the negotiations on a major deal. Instead, he chose to work directly with Boehner and Reid to hammer out the compromise that each could take back to their caucuses for approval.

“I have been very disappointed in the administration to the point where I’m embarrassed that I endorsed him,” one senior Democratic lawmaker said. “It’s so bad that some of us are thinking, is there some way we can replace him? How do you get rid of this guy?”

“I feel no ownership of that or responsibility to it, except to say we don’t want to shut down the government,” the minority leader said. “As was pretty evident, House Democrats were not a part of that agreement.”

Pelosi sounded miffed by the enhanced status that Obama granted Boehner and Reid. “They were the ones that had the votes, so they had the strength to negotiate and the president presided over that,” she said.

The link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/13511_budgetshowdowndemocratsdisgustwithobama

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2011 19:07 #2 by Nmysys

16 Apr 2011 19:15 #3 by major bean
While Biden sleeps and the lady behind him dies.

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Apr 2011 23:00 #4 by major bean
Liberals will not deny this trend?

Regards,
Major Bean

17 Apr 2011 00:09 #5 by Pony Soldier
Rah Rah Rah. Idiots.

17 Apr 2011 08:30 #6 by LopingAlong
So here's the thing. For me, it's not about which Party, it's about how someone does their job, their integrity, their honesty.

I backed Obama 100%--I was so hopeful that he really was what he said and would do what he promised. I think he's done some good, and I think he's totally missed the mark on some other things. It's not about him being a Democrat or a Liberal. It's about him promising to get us out of a war quickly and instead, signing us up for even more. It's about his promise to work toward cleaner energy and then not doing it.

It's about his word not being good that bothers me the most and because of this, I can't trust that anything he says is going to be done. Is this because he's a bad man? No, I don't believe that. Maybe the machine is what governs after all, 'eh?

The answer isn not in this consistent pointing of fingers at the Party with which you are not aligned. What good does that do except promote the 'team sports' attitude and further divide the country? We need to look at Who the people are that say what they say--and ask ourselves how close will they come to doing as promised. Obviously, for me with Obama, I missed the mark but I sure am glad he's in rather than what could have been. Again, based on Who, not which Party...jmho.

17 Apr 2011 08:42 #7 by AspenValley
Idiots, indeed. In a normal, non-dysfunctional political party, there are disagreements all the time. That is evidence that the people in the party have functioning brains capable of independent thought. A healthy political party, like a healthy family, can tolerate dissent and grow from it.

The fact that the right has come to believe that only a lockstep, "You Must Agree With Us On Everything Or Be Denounced as a RINO" attitude is actually a strength would be laughable if it weren't so obviously a sign of a party that is self-destructing through its insane march towards "party purity". It keeps driving the dialogue farther and farther to the right to the point where at least half of the party has lost all credibility with indpedents and swing voters.

17 Apr 2011 09:27 #8 by major bean

I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat. (Will Rogers)

Regards,
Major Bean

17 Apr 2011 15:38 #9 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Democrats disgusted with Obama

LopingAlong wrote: So here's the thing. For me, it's not about which Party, it's about how someone does their job, their integrity, their honesty.

I backed Obama 100%--I was so hopeful that he really was what he said and would do what he promised. I think he's done some good, and I think he's totally missed the mark on some other things. It's not about him being a Democrat or a Liberal. It's about him promising to get us out of a war quickly and instead, signing us up for even more. It's about his promise to work toward cleaner energy and then not doing it.

It's about his word not being good that bothers me the most and because of this, I can't trust that anything he says is going to be done. Is this because he's a bad man? No, I don't believe that. Maybe the machine is what governs after all, 'eh?

The answer isn not in this consistent pointing of fingers at the Party with which you are not aligned. What good does that do except promote the 'team sports' attitude and further divide the country? We need to look at Who the people are that say what they say--and ask ourselves how close will they come to doing as promised. Obviously, for me with Obama, I missed the mark but I sure am glad he's in rather than what could have been. Again, based on Who, not which Party...jmho.

LA, I think your post was well written and thanks for sharing. I wonder how many Obama supporters feel the same? I hate to say it but it was obvious to me listening to Obama's campaign speeches how much he was over promising everything. It goes back to my motto of looking at their past record, and don't pay much attention to their speeches and promises. Its the same rule for all politicians (both parties).

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Apr 2011 16:28 #10 by LopingAlong
Yeah Joe, I knew he was over-promising as well and I knew he couldn't do all he said, it simply wasn't possible. I think I was bamboozled into believing that he would follow a course of direction that matched my own. But each big decision he makes, I wonder why he is doing the opposite or near-opposite of what I would do; what I hoped he would do. It is disheartening. Again, I'm glad it's him in office and not Palin, so now we wait and see which next liar I choose to believe. I wish he's stuck to his guns, to his statements. I like when people say what they mean and mean what they say. That's how I operate anyway.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds