Earth Day Ends Obama’s 53,300 Gallon Trip

23 Apr 2011 15:53 #11 by major bean

archer wrote: hmmmmm....and were you outraged when Bush went to the Smokey Mtns in 2005 on Earth Day......or Maine in 2008 on Earth Day.....or California in 2006 on Earth Day........ nice try anyway.

Yes I was. Politicians are politicians. Your insistence that Obama is OK because Bush was not is a non-starter. Bush was a bum and Obama was a bum.

You cannot defend one bum because someone else was also a bum. Face it! Obama is a bum!

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2011 16:08 #12 by archer

major bean wrote:

archer wrote: hmmmmm....and were you outraged when Bush went to the Smokey Mtns in 2005 on Earth Day......or Maine in 2008 on Earth Day.....or California in 2006 on Earth Day........ nice try anyway.

Yes I was. Politicians are politicians. Your insistence that Obama is OK because Bush was not is a non-starter. Bush was a bum and Obama was a bum.

You cannot defend one bum because someone else was also a bum. Face it! Obama is a bum!

You read what you want to read....my insistance was that you should not hold one president to a different standard than every other president. I'll have to take you at your word that you were as upset with Bush's trips on Earth Day as you are with Obama's.......I sure don't remember any other righties on the various message boards even commenting on how much fuel Bush used, on Earth Day or any other day. What would you have the president do for transportation?

23 Apr 2011 16:46 #13 by major bean
I would have him stay at home. Or take a horse. Or use the TV to give a message. Or use the internet.
With today's communications media, having to travel for a "face to face" is absurd.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Apr 2011 18:42 #14 by kresspin
Nothing beats a shot of the incumbent Commander In Chief coming down the steps of Air Force One.

Do you know how much feed a horse would eat on a cross-country trip to California? Then there's a 3 months of motel bills and food. Then three months back and more costs. Then add the secret service agent's horses, motel rooms and food for six months. I suppose he could take a train and do campaign stops all the way across the country, like in the old days. Would that suit you better you old fart?

23 Apr 2011 19:18 #15 by major bean
Shall we start with names now? You will not like it. Calling a woman names only heads in one direction.

Regards,
Major Bean

24 Apr 2011 07:38 #16 by FredHayek
Liberal Denver Post columnist Ed Quillen would disagree with Obama's whirlwind tour too. He said in a column last week the best way to celebrate Earth Day is to stay home and see how little you can consume. He is especially against long trips using up resources just so you can link up with like minded individuals.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Apr 2011 12:01 #17 by AV8OR

kresspin wrote: Nothing beats a shot of the incumbent Commander In Chief coming down the steps of Air Force One.

Do you know how much feed a horse would eat on a cross-country trip to California? Then there's a 3 months of motel bills and food. Then three months back and more costs. Then add the secret service agent's horses, motel rooms and food for six months. I suppose he could take a train and do campaign stops all the way across the country, like in the old days. Would that suit you better you old fart?

...AND, AND, AND, Just think of all the METHANE expended out the rear of those horses!

The TREEHUGGERS would really have something to complain about!

24 Apr 2011 12:14 #18 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Earth Day Ends Obama’s 53,300 Gallon Trip
Relax!! Oblama will get a tax deduction when he pays for his carbon offsets! Yeah, seriously folks, it's true! He can pay to offset all of the official vehicle and Air Force One fuel usage AND the White House energy usage every year! And to make it easy, there's even a calculator he can use but he'll have to know how many miles were driven and flown and how many kilowatt hours he/we paid for! rofllol rofllol rofllol rofllol

It's all good! rofllol

24 Apr 2011 12:22 #19 by archer
I see the conservative gang is back into fairy tales this morning.......did the Easter Bunny pee in your Wheaties this morning?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds