Islamic Law Comes to Michigan

23 Apr 2011 09:53 #1 by outdoor338
Dearborn, Michigan has become a Sharia enclave, much like those populating many European countries. The city of Dearborn, Michigan denied a permit Wednesday for Qur’an-burning Pastor Terry Jones’ planned protest outside the Islamic Center of America on Good Friday.

Islamic supremacists were handed a victory for their violent intimidation and threats. City spokeswoman Mary Laundroche said that Jones’ permit had been denied for “public safety reasons.” In other words, they’re afraid Muslims will riot. And so the rights of free Americans have to be curtailed.

Terry Jones burned a Qur’an. So what? What happened to the freedom of assembly, the freedom of speech, and the freedom of expression? Terry Jones is prohibited from rallying in Michigan for fear of Islamic violence. Is that how far down the Sharia rabbit hole we have gone? Why is it that any time American law comes into conflict with Islamic law, it is American law that has to give way?

http://visiontoamerica.org/151/islamic- ... -michigan/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2011 10:04 #2 by kresspin
That's quite a leap of logic the article is making. But then, consider the source.

23 Apr 2011 10:06 #3 by major bean
Somehow we have come to accept the idea that we have freedom of speech whenever we are granted a permit. How civilized!

Permits are for privileges, not rights.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Apr 2011 11:58 #4 by Soulshiner
Some people don't remember that when this idiot burned that Qur'an, other people paid for it with their lives...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

23 Apr 2011 12:30 #5 by archer

outdoor338 wrote: Terry Jones burned a Qur’an. So what? What happened to the freedom of assembly, the freedom of speech, and the freedom of expression? Terry Jones is prohibited from rallying in Michigan for fear of Islamic violence. Is that how far down the Sharia rabbit hole we have gone? Why is it that any time American law comes into conflict with Islamic law, it is American law that has to give way?

These are the same people who are buddies with the Westboro Baptist Church.....you know, those fine folks that protest at veterans' funerals. Are you in favor of that too?

In April 2010 church members participated in a joint protest against homosexuality with the Westboro Baptist Church, a group known for disrupting the funerals of U.S. soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_World ... activities

Personally, I abhor all of it, I think there are limits to freedom of speech, especially when it can be proven that an individual, or a group, were aware that their speech or actions would harm others. Like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and someone dies in the crush of people, That person/group should be held responsible. Or do you disagree with such laws that put limits on public speech? No one is saying they can't say what they want....just that they cannot say it directly in front of the mosque. Kinda like stopping protestors from putting their ugly signs up right in front of a funeral. States can, and should, protect their citizens from irresponsible groups looking not to protest but to start a riot.

23 Apr 2011 12:51 #6 by 2wlady
How is this different than burning a cross on someone's lawn?

23 Apr 2011 13:15 #7 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Islamic Law Comes to Michigan
States rights? Utah come to mind?

23 Apr 2011 15:44 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Islamic Law Comes to Michigan

archer wrote:

outdoor338 wrote: Terry Jones burned a Qur’an. So what? What happened to the freedom of assembly, the freedom of speech, and the freedom of expression? Terry Jones is prohibited from rallying in Michigan for fear of Islamic violence. Is that how far down the Sharia rabbit hole we have gone? Why is it that any time American law comes into conflict with Islamic law, it is American law that has to give way?

These are the same people who are buddies with the Westboro Baptist Church.....you know, those fine folks that protest at veterans' funerals. Are you in favor of that too?

In April 2010 church members participated in a joint protest against homosexuality with the Westboro Baptist Church, a group known for disrupting the funerals of U.S. soldiers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_World ... activities

Personally, I abhor all of it, I think there are limits to freedom of speech, especially when it can be proven that an individual, or a group, were aware that their speech or actions would harm others. Like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater, and someone dies in the crush of people, That person/group should be held responsible. Or do you disagree with such laws that put limits on public speech? No one is saying they can't say what they want....just that they cannot say it directly in front of the mosque. Kinda like stopping protesters from putting their ugly signs up right in front of a funeral. States can, and should, protect their citizens from irresponsible groups looking not to protest but to start a riot.

So tell me archer, do you approve of this billboard?

I'm sure most non Christians do including myself and I'm sure Christians were not running around killing people because of it. But if it was a billboard that basically said Islam is a made up fairytale, we could pretty much count on some major hysteria and most likely some bloodshed. I won't tip toe around any religion, especially one that can NEVER be questioned or mocked without the result being slaughtered innocents.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Apr 2011 15:48 #9 by archer
you really cannot see the difference? was this billboard paraded in front of a church by people professing to hate the church members? Had the people who put up the billboard already burned a Bible?

From your post, can we assume that you think the protest in front of the mosque is OK, along with protesting at veterans funerals etc, all in the name of free speech?

23 Apr 2011 15:56 #10 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Islamic Law Comes to Michigan
Did you answer my question to you?

I'll answer yours. I think the "people" who protest dead soldier funerals are complete scum and are on the bottom of the protester barrel. I also think that anyone that protests a church or a religion is a moron as well although not as harmful. But since I believe in freedom of speech, we have to put up with these idiots anyway and we can't pick and choose.

But why is it that we only have to tiptoe around ONE religion for fear of being murdered or causing a violent riot? Why should we have a different standard for one religion? I can't stand Bill Maher but at least he's consistant on bashing religious zealots of all religions.

As for the billboard I posted, I'm sure it was seen by many more people since most are on busy highways or streets. And remember the Danish cartoonist? He wasn't anywhere near a mosque, he just made a cartoon and now he's tartgeted for death.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds