What would you do with the money?

25 Apr 2011 16:55 #11 by Jonathan Hemlock

SS109 wrote: It isn't that easy. Would you rather the money go places where it will be used well, like Japan, or Haiti where so much of it has been wasted or wound up in the hands of the elites who don't need it.

Personally I think Haiti would have been much better off if we had gone in, taken over the country and rebuilt it ourselves.

Really? How complicated is it? Is it only complicated by a Conservative's post to help in a humanitarian effort? Or am I missing a point regarding the many nations in the world, who have simply written off the people of these "Forgotten Nations", because of their perceived insignificance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2011 17:00 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic What would you do with the money?

Jonathan Hemlock wrote:

SS109 wrote: It isn't that easy. Would you rather the money go places where it will be used well, like Japan, or Haiti where so much of it has been wasted or wound up in the hands of the elites who don't need it.

Personally I think Haiti would have been much better off if we had gone in, taken over the country and rebuilt it ourselves.

Really? How complicated is it? Is it only complicated by a Conservative's post to help in a humanitarian effort? Or am I missing a point regarding the many nations in the world, who have simply written off the people of these "Forgotten Nations", because of their perceived insignificance?

Oh it's because of their "perceived insignificance" huh? It's because they don't have anything we want- We don't want to occupy thier land, and they don't have oil or any other resources we want....Incredibly nieve Johnathan

You don't even know how the world works..Like were just gonna help people and get nothing in return. Where has that ever happened in history?

25 Apr 2011 17:10 #13 by Jonathan Hemlock
The occupation of another nation, has never been in our interest! Naive. Has never been my weakness!

What do you suggest? Do your beliefs suggest that we should simply invade Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia, and make them more like us? Even if we have nothing to gain?

I will not abide by a nation that thinks they must either usurp, conquer or merely occupy and then coddle another, so they may provide superior aid.

What happened to a hand up, and not a hand-out?

25 Apr 2011 17:19 #14 by Jonathan Hemlock
navycpo7\n

As this is my own damn opinion and does not reflect that of anyone

We have no business going into any of these countries. Let them gain their freedom through thier actions. Our military is there to protect our shores, our interests etc, not to help another country revolt against thier government.

That's pretty much what I'm talkin' about! Yet, there are times, as in Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia and other parts of the world, where our assistance is mandatory.

Why aren't we there?, and why are we in Egypt, Lybia, and Syria?

God, help us all!

25 Apr 2011 18:04 #15 by Jonathan Hemlock
So many opinions and so little coordinated effort!

If you, as an American were facing a beheading simpy because you were American, would you then unite and revolt against a tortuously, oppressive regime?

There are several nations which the United States of America has put to the top of our list for receipt of humanitarian aid. Many of which have even received the most advanced military assistance we have to offer to help resolve their internal conflicts.

If you were in charge of all of America’s money and its military forces, how would you expend these costly, resources?

Would you provide assistance to those who are healthy, capable, relatively well-armed and obviously willing to defend themselves, or would you focus your efforts on those who have been brutally disarmed, are clearly starving and are physically unable to defend themselves?

Please forgive me for the graphic nature of many of the photos attached to this post. But, in order to exemplify my point, I must include these pictures to demonstrate to you, the significant contrast between those who are receiving America’s aid from those who I think, should be given aid!

When Americans are captured and held hostage, their beheading is a likely outcome. We have seen this from many nations from within the Middle-East.

25 Apr 2011 19:16 #16 by UNDER MODERATION

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: The occupation of another nation, has never been in our interest! Naive. Has never been my weakness!

What do you suggest? Do your beliefs suggest that we should simply invade Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia, and make them more like us? Even if we have nothing to gain?

Ah No? I don't want to invade and occupy any country. America is an empire. Try to understand that before you post your pie in the sky, happy hoses**t, wishful thinking -

As if there is someone in Washington trying to help as many people as possible with our money and military- Is that what we do, is that our history? Wake the F up, America acts in America's best intersts-Always has, always will and we don't care who suffers

[youtube:3ihiqtlp]
[/youtube:3ihiqtlp]

25 Apr 2011 19:30 #17 by UNDER MODERATION

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: So many opinions and so little coordinated effort!

If you, as an American were facing a beheading simpy because you were American, would you then unite and revolt against a tortuously, oppressive regime?

There are several nations which the United States of America has put to the top of our list for receipt of humanitarian aid. Many of which have even received the most advanced military assistance we have to offer to help resolve their internal conflicts.

If you were in charge of all of America’s money and its military forces, how would you expend these costly, resources?

Would you provide assistance to those who are healthy, capable, relatively well-armed and obviously willing to defend themselves, or would you focus your efforts on those who have been brutally disarmed, are clearly starving and are physically unable to defend themselves?

Please forgive me for the graphic nature of many of the photos attached to this post. But, in order to exemplify my point, I must include these pictures to demonstrate to you, the significant contrast between those who are receiving America’s aid from those who I think, should be given aid!

When Americans are captured and held hostage, their beheading is a likely outcome. We have seen this from many nations from within the Middle-East.

For instance "Jonathan" do you think if Libya was'nt where it is, and did'nt have the best sweet crude oil in the world that America would even be talking about them right now? Talking about saving the poor Libyan rebels? We don't care about the Libyan people.

Wake up

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds