Democrats that care about their country?

02 May 2011 07:00 #21 by TPP

major bean wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

archer wrote:

SS109 wrote: Democrats care about the country and its citizens, too bad they care more for the illegal immigrants and death row scum.

another right wing lie......every liberal I have read, or heard is against illegal immigration.......and not one has said they favor death row scum over citizens.....where do you get this crap? or do you just make it up?

Wow, where's the Looney Jerk article finding fact checking machine when you need it?

Never mind....I will do it....

80 percent of House Democrats said no to enhanced border security and increased enforcement of laws prohibiting the employment of illegal immigrants. The proposed bill required the use of a basic pilot program, which helps employers determine whether their employees are legal.

• 74 percent of House Democrats said no to national security standards for drivers’ licenses to prevent alien terrorists from getting identification documents. The REAL ID Act aimed at keeping out and removing alien terrorists from the U.S.

• 63 percent of House Democrats said no to strengthening border security by constructing reinforced fences along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Senate Democrats also have refused to reduce illegal immigration. For example:

• 75 percent of Senate Democrats said no to enforcing immigration laws before beginning the legalization process for the 12 million illegal immigrants now in the U.S. By opposing the common-sense Coburn Amendment, many Democrats rejected the American public’s call for immigration enforcement.

• 86 percent of Senate Democrats said no to increasing the number of detention beds, allowing for the confinement of illegal immigrants to ensure their appearance for immigration hearings.

• 84 percent of Senate Democrats said no to funding 800 more immigration investigators.

Compare those numbers to the 69 percent of Americans who said they want illegal immigration reduced.

http://www.theabsurdreport.com/2007/dem ... migration/

FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS...

BRAVO!! :thumbsup: :yeahthat: :)  :Thanks:

:thumbsup:
Just to add some FACTS to the "leaders of the democrap Party: (NOTE: I Changed FORMAT only top make post smaller)
barack obama on Immigration
Click here for 44 full quotes on Immigration OR other political leaders on Immigration.
Stop expelling talented undocumented workers. (Jan 2011) - Anti-immigrant bitterness stems from joblessness. (Jan 2010) - Crack down on employers who hire illegal immigrants. (Jul 2008) - America has nothing to fear from today’s immigrants. (Jun 2008) - We need comprehensive reform, like McCain used to support. (Jun 2008)
Recognize the humanity of immigrants: Todos somos Americanos. (Jun 2008) - GovWatch: Anti-immigrants fuel xenophobia, but 45% increase. (Jun 2008) - Encourage every student to learn a second language. (Feb 2008)
Need to look at different aspects of immigration reform. (Feb 2008) - Have border patrolled, surveillance, and deploy technology. (Feb 2008) - Increasing the legal fees on immigrants is not helping. (Feb 2008) - Deporting 12 million people is ridiculous and impractical. (Feb 2008) - Immigration raids are ineffective. (Feb 2008) - Solve the driver’s license issue with immigration reform. (Jan 2008) - Immigrants are scapegoats for high unemployment rates. (Jan 2008) - Health plan: not enough resources for illegal immigrants. (Jan 2008) - Illegals shouldn’t work; but should have path to citizenship. (Dec 2007) - Don’t deputize Americans to turn in illegal immigrants. (Dec 2007) - OK to provide government services in Spanish. (Dec 2007) - Comprehensive solution includes employers & borders. (Nov 2007) - Undocumented workers come here to work, not to drive. (Nov 2007) - Support granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. (Nov 2007) - FactCheck: Lightning IS likelier than employer prosecution. (Nov 2007) - Illegal immigrants’ lack of ID is a public safety concern. (Oct 2007) - Immigration system is broken for legal immigrants. (Sep 2007) - Reform must include more border security, and border wall. (Sep 2007) - Sanctuary cities show that feds are not enforcing law. (Sep 2007) - Pathway to citizenship, but people have to earn it. (Aug 2007) - Let’s be a nation of laws AND a nation of immigrants. (Aug 2007) - Do a better job patrolling the Canadian and Mexican borders. (Jun 2007) - Give immigrants who are here a rigorous path to citizenship. (Jun 2007) - Extend welfare and Medicaid to immigrants. (Jul 1998) -
Voting Record
Support the DREAM Act for the children of illegal immigrants. (Jan 2008) - Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008) - Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007) - Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) - Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006) - Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006) - Comprehensive immigration reform without amnesty. (May 2005) - Sponsored bill paying fair prevailing wage to guest workers. (May 2006) - Provide funding for social services for noncitizens. (May 2006) - Rated 8% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

joe biden on Immigration
Click here for 21 full quotes on Immigration OR other candidates on Immigration OR background on Immigration.
FactCheck: 67% of illegal aliens speak Spanish; not 40%. (Dec 2007) - H1-B visas only for jobs Americans can’t do. (Dec 2007) - Americans will do any job if you pay them properly. (Dec 2007) - Oppose granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. (Nov 2007) - Supported Bush plan: both border fence & path to citizenship. (Nov 2007) - 2007: Immigration reform failed because McCain absent. (Oct 2007) - Sanctuary cities exist because feds can’t enforce their laws. (Sep 2007) - It’s impractical to deport 14 million illegal immigrants. (Jun 2007) - Voted for border fence, but to tackle drug trafficking. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008) - Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007) - Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007) - Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) - Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006) - Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work. (Jul 1998) - Voted NO on visas for skilled workers. (May 1998) - Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997) - Rated 8% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

hillary clinton on Immigration
Click here for 38 full quotes on Immigration OR other political leaders on Immigration.
2007: Focus on comprehensive reform, not driver's licenses. (Jan 2010) - Allow driver's licenses for illegals until we get reform. (Jan 2010) - No official English, but keep common unifying language. (Feb 2008) - Introduce a path to earn citizenship in the first 100 days. (Feb 2008) - Consider halting certain raids on illegal immigrant families. (Feb 2008) - Border fence that cuts off a college campus is absurd. (Feb 2008) - Deploy technology & personnel, not a border fence. (Feb 2008) - Guest workers only for farms, to address labor shortage. (Feb 2008) - Don’t turn local police into immigration enforcers. (Feb 2008) - Deporting all illegal immigrants is unrealistic. (Jan 2008) -Illegal immigrants with driver’s licenses puts them at risk. (Jan 2008) - Exploitation of undocumented workers drives down wages. (Jan 2008) - Co-sponsored comprehensive immigration reform in 2004. (Jan 2008) - English unifies us; teach ESL but support other languages. (Dec 2007) - Crack down on employers who exploit undocumented workers. (Dec 2007) - Oppose granting driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants. (Nov 2007) - FactCheck: Denied saying licensing illegals “made sense”. (Oct 2007) - Immigrant license issue needs federal action on reform. (Oct 2007) - More border patrolling on both Mexican AND Canadian borders. (Sep 2007) - Immigration reform needs family unification as one goal. (Sep 2007) - Anti-immigrant bill would have criminalized Jesus Christ. (Sep 2007) - Sanctuary cities ok; local police can’t enforce immigration. (Sep 2007) - Making English official imperils crises needing translators. (Jun 2007) - Comprehensive reform to get 12 million out of shadows. (Apr 2007) - Keep New York-Ontario border passport-free for tourism. (Oct 2006) - Adamantly against illegal immigrants. (Sep 2005)
Voting Record - Opposes illegal immigration, but doesn’t vote to follow up. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008) - Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007) - Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007) - Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) - Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006) - Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006) - Sponsored bill covering child resident aliens under Medicaid. (May 2005) - Sponsored bill funding social services for noncitizens. (May 2006) - Rated 8% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

harry reid on Immigration
Click here for 15 full quotes on Immigration OR background on Immigration.
We need comprehensive reform. (Oct 2010) - Voted YES on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008) - Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007) - Voted NO on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007) - Voted YES on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007) - Voted NO on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) - Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006) - Voted YES on giving Guest Workers a path to citizenship. (May 2006) - Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work. (Jul 1998) - Voted YES on visas for skilled workers. (May 1998) - Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997) -Rated 0% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006) - Supports continued funding of sanctuary cities. (Sep 2010) - Supports granting amnesty to illegal immigrants. (Sep 2010)

nancy pelosi on Immigration
Click here for 8 full quotes on Immigration OR background on Immigration.
Voted NO on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006) - Voted NO on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006) - Voted NO on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004) - Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001) - Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998) - Rated 0% by FAIR, indicating a voting record loosening immigration. (Dec 2003) - Comprehensive immigration reform without amnesty. (May 2005) - Rated 0% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 07:14 #22 by outdoor338
:thumbsup: :yeahthat: :biggrin:

Colorado Libs vote for in-state tution because they need votes, that's the only reason!

02 May 2011 09:10 #23 by TPP

residenttroll wrote: FACTS ARE STUBBORN THINGS...

[/size][/b]
:thumbsup:

02 May 2011 12:38 #24 by Sundance
I lost my mother when I was 10yrs old. How I envied my friends who had mothers. My father was quite foreign, spoke broken english, never re-married. Thank God I had a wonderful 16yr older brother who helped raise me. Dad passed 7mo before I was to be married.

Anyone who has been able to enjoy their parents for a good length of time is the greatest gift they could ever have.....

02 May 2011 13:40 #25 by BearMtnHIB

kresspin wrote: The avatar is of my mother. She died last year.

She sure was ugly though......

Do you look just like her?

02 May 2011 13:55 #26 by jf1acai
Not only uncalled for, but extremely unkind.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 May 2011 14:00 #27 by BearMtnHIB
I call bullsh*t on the whole thing- that avatar is UGLY!!

02 May 2011 14:18 #28 by Kate

BearMtnHIB wrote: I call bullsh*t on the whole thing- that avatar is UGLY!!

Care to post a picture of your mother so we can comment? I think you're out of line.

02 May 2011 14:20 #29 by BearMtnHIB

Care to post a picture of your mother so we can comment? I think you're out of line.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to use a picture of my mother as an avatar- and she is nowhere near that ugly.

You post your mother first Kate.

Smart ass.

02 May 2011 14:35 #30 by Kate

BearMtnHIB wrote:

I wouldn't be stupid enough to use a picture of my mother as an avatar- and she is nowhere near that ugly.

You post your mother first Kate.

Smart ass.

I'm only saying that it was pretty crude and cruel to be saying that about someone's mother.

Smart ass yourself.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds