what would it look like if the country split into two?

30 Apr 2011 16:08 #11 by major bean
People do not change, only the resourcefulness of their rhetoric to obfuscate their view of the world.
The framers of the Constitution could think circles around all of us.
We have become a people of the liberal soundbite.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2011 16:17 #12 by Kate
It might look something like this map. It shows, in red, which states took in more from the Federal Government than they gave to the Feds. The blue colored states gave more money to the Federal Government than they received back.

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/blog_mass_d ... /ID=13057/

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/topic/92.html

30 Apr 2011 16:25 #13 by major bean
Because they might be more economically productive? Do ya reckon? Or maybe they have more self reliant population?
Or maybe your chart is bogus?
There could be many reasons.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Apr 2011 16:32 #14 by Kate
I'm just offering that perhaps the country might be split into the producers and the moochers. Some states receive more in Federal aid than they give.

BTW - If you think the chart is bogus, please feel free to offer your reasons for your belief. I've given the links to the chart and the information from which the chart is derived.

30 Apr 2011 16:40 #15 by major bean
No opinion was offered by you for the plus or minus implicated by the chart. Just wanted some more input than a chart. No entertainment value at all.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Apr 2011 16:44 #16 by Kate
I'm sorry I'm not more entertaining. The original post asked what the country would look like if it were split in two. Recent Ayn Rand discussions made me think that perhaps those Randians would think of the country in terms of the producers and the leeches. I posted a link to a chart that had some of that info. If you would like to comment on the idea, please do.

I'll try to be more entertaining in the future.

30 Apr 2011 16:46 #17 by lionshead2010
What I can't figure out then is why democrats in Congress and many of the liberal democrats in these blogs seem to resist the concept of cutting the budget if it involves entitlements. It would seem to me they would be ALL over that if for no other reason than to teach those nasty Red states a lesson, no. :biggrin:

30 Apr 2011 16:48 #18 by major bean

lionshead2010 wrote: What I can't figure out then is why democrats in Congress and many of the liberal democrats in these blogs seem to resist the concept of cutting the budget if it involves entitlements. It would seem to me they would be ALL over that if for no other reason than to teach those nasty Red states a lesson, no. :biggrin:

The leeches are the voter base of the liberals.

Regards,
Major Bean

30 Apr 2011 16:51 #19 by lionshead2010
So wait a minute Major Bean. Help me sort this out please.

Are you telling me that not all the voters in Red states are Conservative Republicans and not all the voters in Blue states are Liberal Democrats? Really?

30 Apr 2011 17:00 #20 by major bean
Yep. A vote does not mean that the leeches are not sucking quite a bit of money.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds