Administration Urged to Drop CIA Probe in Light of Osama

04 May 2011 12:40 #1 by Nmysys
Obama Administration Urged to Drop CIA Probe in Light of Bin Laden Takedown

Published May 04, 2011

| FoxNews.com

In between applauding President Obama for overseeing the successful raid on Usama bin Laden's compound, some Republicans and ex-officials are starting to question what they see as a disconnect: How can the administration be investigating CIA agents whose techniques may have led America to Al Qaeda's top guy?

They're calling on the Obama administration to not only restart the CIA interrogation program in some form, but to end once and for all the Justice Department's probe of CIA employees.

"You can't have it both ways," Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, told Fox News. "You can't have the attorney general prosecuting CIA interrogators, by the way, who may have gotten information that may have aided in catching Usama bin Laden.

"It just doesn't make any sense to me," he said.

Read more:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/04/obama-administration-urged-drop-cia-probe-light-bin-laden-takedown/#ixzz1LPVNbjG2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2011 12:46 #2 by ScienceChic
If this is true then :dislike:

As the quote at the end says:

"I don't know that torture actually produces results," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., told Fox News. "I don't think it's an approach we should take, and I don't think it's the American way."

If we have to stoop to that level, using torture, to protect ourselves from sh*t that we helped create, then we are on the downhill path of power, influence, and importance as a nation.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 May 2011 12:51 #3 by Nmysys

If we have to stoop to that level, using torture, to protect ourselves from sh*t that we helped create, then we are on the downhill path of power, influence, and importance as a nation.

Typical Liberal B.S.

What is more important to you SC, defending your children and family or playing by your PC rules?

04 May 2011 15:01 #4 by ScienceChic
How is it bullsh*t Nmysys? It's been proven that torture is not an effective method for providing credible intel, and the CIA absolutely should not be operating without oversight by our elected officials (although, that's quite the laugh, our elected officials acting morally, ethically, and responsibly).

PC? That's funny! Hardly a trait of mine, (see me using a rain barrel because the reasons against it are illogical and greed-based, oh yeah, I still need to finish my response to that thread) and it's a strawman argument on your part - what does choosing my family's safety over not accepting barbaric treatment of fellow human beings have to do with one another? Torturing "suspected" criminals, who haven't been given due process, because we meddled idiotically when we shouldn't have, is the very definition of abuse of power. I don't stand for it in my government...do you? There's nothing PC about our government breaking the law, hiding behind the veil of "national security", while taking our freedoms inch by inch in the name of "protection". I want transparency and accountability, both of the CIA, and of our government, which is the point of the inquiry. How is it that we wouldn't agree on that?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 May 2011 15:02 #5 by Nmysys

04 May 2011 15:05 #6 by Nmysys

PC? That's funny! Hardly a trait of mine, (see me using a rain barrel because the reasons against it are illogical and greed-based, oh yeah, I still need to finish my response to that thread) and it's a strawman argument on your part - what does choosing my family's safety over not accepting barbaric treatment of fellow human beings have to do with one another? Torturing "suspected" criminals, who haven't been given due process, because we meddled idiotically when we shouldn't have, is the very definition of abuse of power. I don't stand for it in my government...do you? There's nothing PC about our government breaking the law, hiding behind the veil of "national security", while taking our freedoms inch by inch in the name of "protection". I want transparency and accountability, both of the CIA, and of our government, which is the point of the inquiry. How is it that we wouldn't agree on that?

What is the paragraph in the Constitution or any other law that provides these protections to our enemies?

I want results, not PC namby pamby questioning of enemy combatants. Not that much to ask with the Budgets of our Intelligence Agencies.

04 May 2011 16:53 #7 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: TLDR

2 paragraphs with no links? Really? rofllol rofllol

04 May 2011 16:56 #8 by chickaree
rofllol I guess he didn't have time to read two entire paragraphs. Dinner's in an hour.

04 May 2011 17:19 #9 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote:

Nmysys wrote: TLDR

2 paragraphs with no links? Really? rofllol rofllol

r

Could someone translate. Neither post means anything to me.

PS I think the CIA should have oversight, not transparency. Perhaps that is what you meant?

04 May 2011 17:31 #10 by Nmysys
Too Long Didn't Read! It was a new instruction put out by 285Bound this morning ad I couldn't resist when I saw she had posted.
Then I posted what I wanted to say.

There sure is a lot of GUESSING going on by the Liberal women on here today.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds