??? Abound Over How Fake Bin Laden Photos Duped Lawmakers

05 May 2011 12:21 #1 by Nmysys
U.S. Senate
Questions Abound Over How Fake Bin Laden Photos Duped Lawmakers

By Cristina Corbin

Published May 05, 2011

| FoxNews.com

A day after the White House said it will not release the official photo of Usama bin Laden’s body, many are wondering how a handful of lawmakers were duped into believing they saw it.

The Obama administration said Wednesday it will not make public the images of the dead Al Qaeda chief, arguing the pictures could incite violence and be used as propaganda by terrorist leaders. White House officials also say DNA evidence confirming the body as Bin Laden’s provides sufficient proof of his death.

The announcement came after at least three U.S. lawmakers claimed to have seen what they believed was an authentic photograph of Bin Laden, shot in the face and chest during a CIA-led Navy SEALs operation Sunday at a secret compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/questions-abound-fake-bin-laden-photos-duped-lawmakers/#ixzz1LVHIdz1a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2011 12:32 #2 by AspenValley
Since they're all Republicans, my first thought is they probably got it in one of those gazillion forwarded emails they love to send each other. As to how they were "duped" into thinking it was a real photo, hmmm, maybe the same way they are "duped" into believing all the other phony emails are true and real.

05 May 2011 12:37 #3 by Nmysys
Since you are so quick to respond, you probably didn't read the last two paragraphs.

Rogers spokeswoman Susan Phalen told FoxNews.com that Rogers was shown the images by members of the CIA.

"He happened to be at the CIA on Monday and he saw the photos there,” Phalen said in an interview. “It was not something that was emailed. He saw the photos that were in the custody of the CIA.”

05 May 2011 12:42 #4 by AspenValley
That's what his spokesperson says but elsewhere in the article it is clear that at least one of the "duped" congresspeople got them through email.

By the way, does that CIA story sound plausible to you? He just "happened to be at the CIA" and apparently also just "happened" to see the photos while he was there?

05 May 2011 12:47 #5 by ShilohLady
Just because some legislators have seen the photos doesn't mean that they were 'duped' ... I would fully expect those on key intelligence committees to be given the opportunity to see the photos ... this doesn't mean that they are available to the 'public'

05 May 2011 12:57 #6 by Nmysys

Just because some legislators have seen the photos doesn't mean that they were 'duped' ... I would fully expect those on key intelligence committees to be given the opportunity to see the photos ... this doesn't mean that they are available to the 'public'

I didn't write the article Shiloh, nor did I say they were duped, they did.

Have a nice day. Your mother looks lovely. Happy Mother's Day on Sunday.

05 May 2011 14:47 #7 by pineinthegrass
I'm guessing they saw the same fake death photo that major bean posted here. It did look pretty realistic.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds