The Al Gore ‘Do As I Say, Not As I Do’ Award

05 May 2011 15:47 #11 by AspenValley

residenttroll wrote: Is Prince Charles hypocritical? He tells everyone they should do with less...
[youtube:1nwhretd]

[/youtube:1nwhretd]

I can't play the video right now. Obviously he has a large estate and is very wealthy. That doesn't automatically make him a hypocrite, in my opinion. Surely you aren't indulging in the politics of envy, RT? Or suggesting that someone "redistribute his wealth" before you'll take his message seriously?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2011 15:48 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The Al Gore ‘Do As I Say, Not As I Do’ Award
well, I still don't understand the argument that he was fine with serving beef but okay.....

05 May 2011 15:58 #13 by AspenValley
I really don't like the guy enough to defend him any more than I have, but I'm happy to agree to disagree.

05 May 2011 16:00 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Okay, I will go for that. I really don't know what else to say.... (very rare for me)

05 May 2011 16:02 #15 by Residenttroll returns

AspenValley wrote: I really don't like the guy enough to defend him any more than I have, but I'm happy to agree to disagree.

AV, if leaders are sold out for their causes, why don't they lead by example instead of being the exemption?

05 May 2011 16:03 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Okay RT, I agree. :faint:

05 May 2011 16:13 #17 by AspenValley

residenttroll wrote:

AspenValley wrote: I really don't like the guy enough to defend him any more than I have, but I'm happy to agree to disagree.

AV, if leaders are sold out for their causes, why don't they lead by example instead of being the exemption?

As I've already said, he it not high on my list of people to defend, but I will say this - what might seem like a good example to one might not to another.

For instance.....most of you don't think it's a good example to serve beef at a wedding if you are convinced that beef should be eaten less often. How about in this example....

A person who believes in moderation in drinking serves wine at Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners and provides Champagne at her daughter's wedding. She rarely, if ever drinks other than that except on special occasions. Is she a hypocrite? Or is she modelling moderation?

05 May 2011 16:16 #18 by Residenttroll returns

AspenValley wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

As I've already said, he it not high on my list of people to defend, but I will say this - what might seem like a good example to one might not to another.

For instance.....most of you don't think it's a good example to serve beef at a wedding if you are convinced that beef should be eaten less often. How about in this example....

A person who believes in moderation in drinking serves wine at Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners and provides Champagne at her daughter's wedding. She rarely, if ever drinks other than that except on special occasions. Is she a hypocrite? Or is she modelling moderation?

You are spinning the topic, with all due respect.

05 May 2011 16:17 #19 by AspenValley

residenttroll wrote:

AspenValley wrote:

residenttroll wrote:

You are spinning the topic, with all due respect.

Not so. I'm trying to explain my point of view, which some of you say you can't understand.

From my point of view, serving beef on a SPECIAL OCCASION is (or at least could be) consistent with a stated message of "Eat Less Beef".

05 May 2011 16:27 #20 by Residenttroll returns
AV, he wants us to eat less beef because the cattle require water. Mature Red Cedar trees drink 30 gallons of water a day...that's why Oklahoma is trying to pull everyone of them out of the ground. Do the math....a cow is a better deal. Of course, the trees don't fart and you can't eat them.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds