Bicyclists keep right - Ride single file

11 May 2011 13:39 #31 by TPP

Rockdoc Franz wrote: ...just like I would have if I were to claim that all drivers or riders of motorcycles are lazy, fat farts with a feeling of entitlement.

O, sorry I just re-read this and thought you where talking about mikie moore.

:biggrin: [/quote]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 May 2011 13:48 - 11 May 2011 13:53 #32 by Something the Dog Said

TPP wrote: Yes, it's getting time to get the ol' SUPER SOAKER" out again!

Sure, if you are willing to get a jail sentence of up to 18 months and/or up to $5000 fine.

18-9-116. Throwing missiles at vehicles - harassment of bicyclists. (1) Any person who knowingly projects any missile at or against any vehicle or equipment designed for the transportation of persons or property, other than a bicycle, commits a class 1 petty offense.

(2) Any person who knowingly projects any missile at or against a bicyclist commits a class 2 misdemeanor.

(3) As used in this section, "missile" means any object or substance.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

11 May 2011 13:52 #33 by Something the Dog Said

BearMtnHIB wrote: Rockdoc- you sound like the type of road biker that I never have any problems with- on the other hand- Somthin the Dog drug in has another attitude.

While Rockdoc understands what it's like to deal with dickhead road bikers- Somthing the dog just wants to throw the new law verbage at us which gives road bikes priority. I got news for ya dog- try that attitude out on the road and I'm gonna shove a copy of that law straight up your ass after you wind up in the ditch!

Every year now for about 10 years I have more and more problems with rude road bikes on my road, and all over town. They ignore those rules you posted - and I'll be ignoring them too when you guys are. I've had more road bikes flip me off than all the road raging cars- and I'm just minding my own business and obeying the rules of the road. They seem to think they are entitled to abuse the rules.

These bikes are not commuting to work- getting kids to school- running business errands- going to see a doctor- on the way to get medicine - they are out there for recreation. You don't get priority until you pay the same taxes I do for the roads- I don't care if you also own a car- your road bike is just another vehicle in the way - and while you recreate- I have business to attend to so stay the hell out of the way.

I'd like to find one of those train horns for my subaru- anybody know where to get one?

P.S.
I didn't see a single bike on the road this morning on my way to work.

You have already established that you are a sociopath with complete disregard for the law. Regardless of your "business", it is still illegal to pass a bicyclist with less than 3 feet of distance and it is punishable by jail or fines or both.

As I posted earlier:

42-4-1002. Passing oncoming vehicles. (1) Drivers of vehicles proceeding in opposite directions shall pass each other to the right, and, upon roadways having width for not more than one lane of traffic in each direction, each driver shall give to the other at least one-half of the main-traveled portion of the roadway as nearly as possible.

(2) A driver shall not pass a bicyclist moving in the same direction and in the same lane when there is oncoming traffic unless the driver can simultaneously:

(a) Allow oncoming vehicles at least one-half of the main-traveled portion of the roadway in accordance with subsection (1) of this section; and

(b) Allow the bicyclist at least a three-foot separation between the right side of the driver's vehicle, including all mirrors or other projections, and the left side of the bicyclist at all times.

(3) Any person who violates any provision of this section commits a class A traffic infraction.

It is an infraction to pass any bicyclist with less than 3 feet of separation regardless of where the bicyclist is riding. In the event that such sociopaths do crowd or harass bicyclists then they are guilty of careless driving which is four points and up to 18 months in jail and/or up to $5000.

42-4-1008.5. Crowding or threatening bicyclist. (1) The driver of a motor vehicle shall not, in a careless and imprudent manner, drive the vehicle unnecessarily close to, toward, or near a bicyclist.

(2) Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section commits careless driving as described in section 42-4-1402.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

11 May 2011 14:04 #34 by Jekyll
Just for the record (you don't have to believe me, whatever) I always try and be as safe and courteous as possible. As for getting into an altercation with a bicyclist for flipping me off, I think I would just pass safely like always, get ahold of law enforcement, and be sure to meet up with the bicyclist at the bottom or top of the hill for harassing motorists. Either that or just blow it off and go have a beer after work. :wink:

11 May 2011 15:00 #35 by Rockdoc

Jekyll wrote: Just for the record (you don't have to believe me, whatever) I always try and be as safe and courteous as possible. As for getting into an altercation with a bicyclist for flipping me off, I think I would just pass safely like always, get ahold of law enforcement, and be sure to meet up with the bicyclist at the bottom or top of the hill for harassing motorists. Either that or just blow it off and go have a beer after work. :wink:

Your courtesy is greatly appreciated by me on behalf of all riders who actually pay heed to traffic conditions and ride with common courtesy in mind.

Only one time did I have an experience that nearly led to a confrontation. Two lane road, me going uphill riding on or near the white line marking the edge of the pavement. Blue panel truck, coming up behind me without my being aware of it. No oncoming traffic, straight road with a line of sight close to a mile. Blue panel truck vigorously blows horn, I nearly jump out of my skin, he passes within a foot of me. I react by flipping him the bird. Blue panel truck pulls over at top of hill and waits for me. Driver asks me why I flipped him off. I recount scenario. He tells me it was to warn me he was there. BS. I bid him a good day and leave. The good news is I had such a shot of adrenalin, I made the ride in a fraction of the time it normally took me.

12 May 2011 06:50 #36 by TPP

Something the Dog Said wrote:

TPP wrote: Yes, it's getting time to get the ol' SUPER SOAKER" out again!

Sure, if you are willing to get a jail sentence of up to 18 months and/or up to $5000 fine.

18-9-116. Throwing missiles at vehicles - harassment of bicyclists. (1) Any person who knowingly projects any missile at or against any vehicle or equipment designed for the transportation of persons or property, other than a bicycle, commits a class 1 petty offense.

(2) Any person who knowingly projects any missile at or against a bicyclist commits a class 2 misdemeanor.

(3) As used in this section, "missile" means any object or substance.

Well, I bet the Taliban is glad that they're being hit with WATER! Dimwit!
Besides have muddy roads round here...
Is noise a "missile"? Since water is a substance and that would be a crime (BS), than I'll switch to a air-horn.
What the punishment for riding 3 in a row, and blocking traffic? Sure hope it's the same!
But I promise I will leave my 1' dowel rods at home.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds