Obama gets overturned and spanked by a Judge!

25 Jun 2010 09:12 #32 by pineinthegrass
More info...

Much of the sensational reporting on Feldman’s investments was based on outdated information. The Judge was blasted for owning stock in Transocean, Ltd and Halliburton, two of the major companies involved in the Deepwater Horizon disaster. Feldman owned those stocks in 2008; however, he sold those shares long before issuing his ruling this week. In fact, this updated information will be released in the next report on his stock holdings.

If Feldman held financial interests in any of companies involved in the lawsuit or the Deepwater Horizon rig, he would not have been allowed the take the case. The 5th District Court uses a sophisticated computer system to check whether judges have a conflict of interest in any legal proceeding. This system automatically determines whether a judge needs to be recused from a particular case. In this lawsuit, Feldman was allowed to take the case because he did not own any stock related to the parties involved.

The attack was not based on facts, but it was a character assassination as a way to mitigate the influence of the scathing decision. If anyone should be questioned, it is the Interior Secretary Ken Salazar who disregarded the advice of his own scientific experts in declaring the deep water drilling moratorium.

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/buzz/latest-buzz/10729-gulf-oil-moratorium-judge-threatened

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2010 09:22 #33 by ScienceChic
Thank you for the updated info Pine. I am happy that it was checked by the court before he took this case for conflict of interest and he was cleared. I wish the media could more accurately report on these issues.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

25 Jun 2010 11:07 #34 by Residenttroll returns
Another example of the wait and see attitude of the left. Not!

25 Jun 2010 11:31 #35 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: Thank you for the updated info Pine. I am happy that it was checked by the court before he took this case for conflict of interest and he was cleared. I wish the media could more accurately report on these issues.

And the funny thing is that it was all over the media that he had ties to oil and that is why he ruled that way. He recieved death threats. But now that it is proven not true, the media is silent about it. I don't see it anywhere except in maybe a small correction here and there.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds