How Rick Perry Has Been on the Public Dole His Whole Life

07 Sep 2011 16:10 #11 by PrintSmith

Something the Dog Said wrote: Interesting that every response has been an attack on the poster or source, and not a single rebuttal to the OP itself.

There are no arguments of substance contained in the OP to rebut since the entire opinion piece is devoid of anything resembling either ration or reason.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2011 19:04 #12 by Wayne Harrison
Facts aren't rational or reasonable:

1) Far from having the best unemployment rate in the nation, the Lone Star State ranks a middling 26th, behind New York, Massachusetts and other states whose "liberal" governments he routinely mocks.

2) 1.2 million new positions are 629,000 short of the jobs needed just to bring the state's employment level back up to where it was in 2007.

3) Perry's jobs are mostly "jobettes" that can't sustain a family. They come with very low pay, no health care or pension.

4) Texas added more minimum wage jobs than all the other 49 states combined. More than half a million Texans now work for $7.25 an hour or less.

5) During Perry's decade, the greatest job growth by far has come from the public sector, , which has more than doubled the number of new jobs created by the private sector.

6) One out of six employed Texans are now teachers, police officers, highway engineers, military personnel or other government workers -- and many of these jobs were created with the federal money that Perry-the-candidate now loudly denounces.

7) Perry accepted the third highest amount of stimulus funds taken by the 50 states.

I can see why all the Cons wanted to divert attention to me and away from the article. They have no response for these points in the article.

If Cons can't debate the merits of something they put their deflectors on maximum and deflect, deflect, deflect. :rofl

07 Sep 2011 19:25 #13 by Wayne Harrison

akilina wrote: He doesn't have a love life.

It's interesting to see you stooping again to bring my current marital situation into a political argument. It shows the level you'll sink to. I have no idea why you feel it's any your business or fodder to be tossed out in a public discussion. It shows the kind of person you are.

Good thing I'm not handicapped. You'd probably make fun of that, too.

10 Sep 2011 21:40 #14 by akilina
How about you brought it up to begin with talking about moving from married life to single. And it was in response to CriticalBills number of threads. You can make all kinds of remarks in any setting so then it shows what kind of person you are. Don't like when it's given back huh?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Sep 2011 22:11 #15 by conifermtman
So Perry is like Obama in that respect except he has a much stronger track record to run in. Any of the Republicans running are better than Obama.

11 Sep 2011 00:22 #16 by chickaree
Many of the Repiblicans running are as bad as Obama. We can do better. Perry is no better, just bad in different ways. Are we really so undiscriminating that we are willing to accept such mediocrity as long as "our" party wins?

11 Sep 2011 07:56 #17 by Wayne Harrison

akilina wrote: How about you brought it up to begin with talking about moving from married life to single. And it was in response to CriticalBills number of threads. You can make all kinds of remarks in any setting so then it shows what kind of person you are. Don't like when it's given back huh?

Let me explain this as simply as I can so you'll understand it.

I didn't bring it up. I responded to it. It's OK if one brings up their own personal life. It's not OK when a complete stranger brings up someone else's personal life to use as ammunition in a political argument as part of a straw man argument. I don't do it to you or anyone else on here. Don't do it to me.

11 Sep 2011 08:30 #18 by Pony Soldier

chickaree wrote: Many of the Repiblicans running are as bad as Obama. We can do better. Perry is no better, just bad in different ways. Are we really so undiscriminating that we are willing to accept such mediocrity as long as "our" party wins?

Yes.

11 Sep 2011 08:30 #19 by LadyJazzer
Yes.

Republicans 2012
Keeping Millions Out of Work
To Put One Man Out of a Job.

11 Sep 2011 15:23 #20 by Residenttroll returns
When are the liberals in the media going to do the backgrounders on career Democrap politicos?

Most of the democrat leadership are career politicos....and many of the members of obamas cabinet and other appointees have been career public check receivers.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds