Clarence Thomas: It Ain't Over

18 Nov 2011 18:14 #11 by LadyJazzer
You may be right... But even if it's not an impeachable offense, he should be recused from any participation in the debate over the Health Care law.

"The Supreme Court is "the only judicial body in the country that is not governed by a set of judicial ethical rules," Gillers said.".... Now there's a "quote of the day"....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2011 18:22 #12 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: You are free to disagree.... I disagree with YOUR assessment. There are just as many, if not more, here who give lip service to GOP corruption and salivate over dem corruption.

I do disagree with your assessment of my assessment. :biggrin: I did not say there were no repubs with the same myopia, nor did I give any estimate of the #'s.

(Archer, I also did not say there were no dems that were not angry with corrupt politicians of both parties.) :Whistle

18 Nov 2011 18:31 #13 by pineinthegrass

LadyJazzer wrote: You may be right... But even if it's not an impeachable offense, he should be recused from any participation in the debate over the Health Care law.

Why? I don't see that failure to disclose should mean he should recuse himself. It's got nothing to do with the health care bill and the failure to disclose happened way before that. If he recuses for that then he should recuse for everything which makes no sense.

His wife worked for the Heritage Foundation making hundreds of thousands and they did oppose the law. If it can be shown that she actively lobbied against the law, then he should recuse himself. I previously posted the US Code about this and could find it again.

18 Nov 2011 21:09 #14 by Pony Soldier
This just looks like positioning to stack the court in advance of this decision. Do you want to know who will win the appeal? Those with the most influence (read dollars) in Washington. It makes no difference what the constitutionality is. Just in case nobody has noticed, we've been sold down the river by a bunch of pond scum.

18 Nov 2011 21:39 #15 by pineinthegrass
If this ends up another 5-4 decision, then I'll be even more disappointed than I already am with the Supreme Court. It will just continue to show that each party has perfected the art of appointing their own "Stepford Wives" to the Court.

At least other than Anthony Kennedy (appointed by Reagan, not that he gets credit for his mistake). Have the Stepford Wives made Kennedy the most powerful person in the country?

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds