This is where immigration reform needs to start....

12 Jul 2010 11:15 #11 by BaconLover

SS109 wrote:
It is a lot cheaper to let the illegals find their own way home than deporting them

And another poster thinks America would have to close all the McDonalds and Wal-Marts w/o illegal labor. If prices went up on fast food and cheap crap to pay for citizens to work there, obesity rates would fall and landfills would last longer

McDonalds and Wal-Mart are just two of the large corporations guilty of hiring illegal immigrants, although I wouldn't say they are reliant upon it like, say, California agriculture. You would have to fine them a LOT to make it hurt so I am very skeptical that fines have any impact.

Although, I wouldn't be heartbroke if McDonalds and Wal-Mart went away.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2010 15:15 #12 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: Again, I agree... I think they need to make the fine for the first one at least $50,000, for the second one, $100,000, and escalate from there...And it NEEDS TO BE ENFORCED. If they make it so that it's not cost effective to pay the fines and keep doing it, then it will stop.

Agree, Employers who routinely hire illegals need to be sanctioned. That being said, when I bought this up with family members who run pretty good sized farming operations they said “ we are not the FBI, if someone shows us proper looking papers we have no way to verify.” And I don’t think they had ever heard of E-Verify or even if it works. The point I’m trying to make is we need stronger sanctions against employers and a better means to verify that somebody is legally able to work. In the case of my own family members I can guarantee they look at the papers, but don’t really scrutinize the papers because right now they have no incentive.

12 Jul 2010 16:08 #13 by HEARTLESS
This begins to handle the illegals that come here to work, it doesn't address the drug trade, sex slave trade, etc.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Jul 2010 16:59 #14 by BaconLover

HEARTLESS wrote: This begins to handle the illegals that come here to work, it doesn't address the drug trade, sex slave trade, etc.

I don't think the intent of the post was to address any other scenario's.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds