Yet Another Green Energy Stimulus Recipient Hits the Skids

28 Jan 2012 16:32 #1 by Reverend Revelant
I would love to play poker with Obama... such a dumbsh!t... doubling down again Mr. President...

Earlier this week, Stimulus beneficiary Evergreen Energy bit the dust. Then, Ener1, a manufacturer of batteries for electric vehicles and recipient of Stimulus largesse, filed for bankruptcy. And today, the Las Vegas Sun reports that Amonix, Inc., a manufacturer of solar panels that received $5.9 million from the Porkulus, will cut two-thirds of its workforce, about 200 employees, only seven months after opening a factory in Nevada.

http://www.globalwarming.org/2012/01/27 ... this-week/

That's the third green technology company this week to bite the dust. So far the administration is batting about zero with their green-energy stimulus. He's pissing our taxpayers money araw.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2012 21:17 #2 by Rick
But if it saves just one Obama donor.....

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Jan 2012 21:43 - 28 Jan 2012 21:53 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Yet Another Green Energy Stimulus Recipient Hits the Skids
Ha ha ha ha...Obama shoulda gave them the same kinda deals he gives the war contractors..Just tell Evergreen Energy, Amonix Inc and ENER1 to submit thier mostly fictitious costs, and we'll gaurentee them a 100% profit every year based on that.

What these green companies should have done was employ and fund lobbyist with that stimulus money- That way they coulda kept the money comin year after year after year..You know, like the weapons manufacturers do?

28 Jan 2012 21:52 #4 by Reverend Revelant

Vice Lord wrote: Ha ha ha ha...Obama shoulda gave them the same kinda deals he gives the war contractors..Just tell Amonix, Inc to submit thier mostly fictitious costs, and we'll gaurentee them a 100% profit every year based on that.

Only this thread is not about war contractors. And you can go on about war contractors until your blue in the face and die and it's not going to change the fact that the Obama administration has spent 10 billion dollars on failed green technology companies. But go ahead, deflect, roger the thread, that's all you mindless ignorant liberals are capable of anyway.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

28 Jan 2012 21:58 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Yet Another Green Energy Stimulus Recipient Hits the Skids

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Ha ha ha ha...Obama shoulda gave them the same kinda deals he gives the war contractors..Just tell Evergreen Energy, Amonix Inc and ENER1 to submit thier mostly fictitious costs, and we'll gaurentee them a 100% profit every year based on that.

What these green companies should have done was employ and fund lobbyist with that stimulus money- That way they coulda kept the money comin year after year after year..You know, like the weapons manufacturers do?

Only this thread is not about war contractors. And you can go on about war contractors until your blue in the face and die and it's not going to change the fact that the Obama administration has spent 10 billion dollars on failed green technology companies. But go ahead, deflect, roger the thread, that's all you mindless ignorant liberals are capable of anyway.

10 Billion Dollars!
lol

We spent that on toilet paper every week in Afghanistan

29 Jan 2012 13:39 #6 by swampfish
It's ALL wrong - government management of funds to green energy, government management of funds for the war efforts. This isn't about red state/blue state issues. This is about gross incompetence in the federal government that goes unabated because we're too busy arguing with each other to redirect our energies to our politicians and insist that they are held accountable for their accounting.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. - Sir Winston Churchill

29 Jan 2012 13:58 #7 by AspenValley
I don't think the appropriate reaction to the failure of a green energy company, whether a recipient of stimulus money or not, is one of gleeful snark.

It is vitally important that we can make alternative energy technlogy both financially feasible and affordable to consumers, and pretty damned quick. I think half of you still think we're all going to be saved by deep well fracking or maybe the Bakken oil fields, but you're dreaming. If and when the economy starts picking up again, or if tensions in the Middle East flare again (as they always do sooner or later) we're going to be looking at $5 a gallon gasoline.

29 Jan 2012 14:01 #8 by Rockdoc
We were talking about this issue at home yesterday. While desirable, green energy support is going to the wrong place was our conclusion. Instead of supporting companies, we thought the stimulus would be better spent assisting homeowners in implementing green energy . Company stimulus packages did not make green energy more affordable to homeowners, a key to having the technology take off. Our current economy wars against such homeowner expenditures, but if there were substantial financial assistance for homeowners, they would i turn support the industries currently failing from lack of customers. So what is wrong with our logic?

29 Jan 2012 14:06 #9 by AspenValley

Rockdoc Franz wrote: We were talking about this issue at home yesterday. While desirable, green energy support is going to the wrong place was our conclusion. Instead of supporting companies, we thought the stimulus would be better spent assisting homeowners in implementing green energy . Company stimulus packages did not make green energy more affordable to homeowners, a key to having the technology take off. Our current economy wars against such homeowner expenditures, but if there were substantial financial assistance for homeowners, they would i turn support the industries currently failing from lack of customers. So what is wrong with our logic?

I think it would be wise to encourage a switch to sustainable energy on both fronts. But the problem with only doing it from the consumer end, in my view, is that it may not encourage the best technology. I remember during the Carter administration when there were tax credits for renewable energy, a lot of little cottage industries sprang up supplying demand but there really wasn't a significant investment by businesses in serious R&D. And the cottage industries died out as soon as the tax credits ended, which tells me the products they were supplying weren't financially viable from the customer's view.

There needs to be serious support given to R&D in producing reliable, affordable and financially sensible products or I just don't think it's ever going to happen. One day we'll wake up to $15 gasoline and $3000 a month electric bills and it will be too late then.

29 Jan 2012 14:07 #10 by Rockdoc

AspenValley wrote: I don't think the appropriate reaction to the failure of a green energy company, whether a recipient of stimulus money or not, is one of gleeful snark.

It is vitally important that we can make alternative energy technlogy both financially feasible and affordable to consumers, and pretty damned quick. I think half of you still think we're all going to be saved by deep well fracking or maybe the Bakken oil fields, but you're dreaming. If and when the economy starts picking up again, or if tensions in the Middle East flare again (as they always do sooner or later) we're going to be looking at $5 a gallon gasoline.

Let's not forget our Canadian pipeline that would mitigate dependence on ME imports. You can not just push oil out the door to force conversion to green energy. While the concept of converting to more green energy is great, the plan for its implementation totally missed the mark and that is what is being highlighted.

You want homeowners or car owners to change, then give them, not the corporations the support. The corporations will thrive if people can afford and are motivated to invest in them. Yep, its capitalism.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds