Fingerprints & Food Stamps

31 Jan 2012 14:53 #21 by OmniScience
Food stamps are a currency, and like currency are exchanged for drugs and alcohol, and other illegal activities.

Constant BS? Just a sample from the IRS website.........

Three Family Members Sentenced for $2.6 Million Food Stamp Fraud
On May 26, 2011, in Sacramento, Calif., Ahmad Khan and his brother, Mumraiz Khan, were sentenced to 70 months and 63 months, respectively, for food stamp fraud and money laundering. Naheed Khan, Ahmad Khan’s daughter, was sentenced to three years probation for assisting her father and uncle in the scheme. According to court documents, the Khans used their small convenience store, Smoke Shop & Snack, in Stockton, as a front to illegally purchase food stamps from customers at approximately 50 cents on the dollar, committing more than $2.6 million in food stamp fraud. According to court documents, in the five and a half years that Smoke Shop was authorized to redeem food stamps, it's food stamp redemptions far exceeded its food sales. The money laundering charges related to the fact that the Khans sent some of the money to Pakistan via wire transfers. Rather than using the public assistance to buy food, prosecutors believe customers used that money to buy illegal drugs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2012 14:59 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Fingerprints & Food Stamps

FredHayek wrote: I would like to see Colorado adopt fingerprinting as a requirement.

Unless we're investing in alternative energies I'd like to see Corporate Walfare stop, completely. We blow much more on that than we do on food stamps for our people.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1W1ADF ... 80&bih=940

31 Jan 2012 15:14 #23 by LadyJazzer
Hardly any states use actual food stamps any more. They issue debit cards. The debit cards will not purchase items that are not allowed. They are not "currency"... (California being one of the states...in SOME of the counties, but not all... that still does use stamp books instead of cards...)

But thanks for playing....

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds