12 Jul 2010 11:25 #11 by ScienceChic
More info on them:
Amendment 60
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/C ... %282010%29
Amendment 61
http://www.ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.p ... %282010%29
Prop 101
http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/C ... %282010%29
Some of the info is duplicated on all three pages since they are kind of tied together

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2010 12:43 #12 by BearMtnHIB
Oh they all sound so tasty and delicious. I will vote for all 3.

It sure would be nice to have those protections - but I'm sure that government will find ways to shoot holes in them, just like they did the Taxpayor Bill of Rights.

And there's always the chance that the voters themselves will vote to raise taxes - like they did a few years ago with Amendment C.

But one can hope.

12 Jul 2010 13:05 #13 by daisychain
I also think libraries are still needed. There are some current academic journals you can only get at the library and not online. Besides what 5 year old wants to sit in front of a computer or Kindle day after day reading Little Bear or Hop On Pop. They need the tactile information of turing pages and see the colors and print close up. A stack of library books (I've seen moms come out with 15 - 20 picture books) is sooo exciting to little ones.

12 Jul 2010 15:14 #14 by LadyJazzer
No, the states and local governments are NOT overbloated...They've already cut services to the bone. But some people will believe anything.

I will vote against all three because this is just another Douglas Bruce end-run around government in the name of cutting taxes at any cost. Not all taxes are bad. I don't like paying them any more than anyone else, (and I'm guessing that I pay more than a lot of people here). But there is a basic level of services that are needed, and states and counties are running out of funds to do it.

12 Jul 2010 17:27 #15 by LOL

BearMtnHIB wrote: Oh they all sound so tasty and delicious. I will vote for all 3.

LOL :)

It would be nice if the voters could see a plan of a new reduced state budget before voting for the cuts. I get it, this strategy is to cut the revenue stream first and force lawmakers to adjust the budget. It seems like it could cause chaos if implemented Jan 2011.

Overall I think Colorado state income and property taxes are equal or lower than most states. I would like to see especially property taxes remain low and stable, and I don't like the vehicle ownership tax (discourages newer cars) which I didn't see included in these props.

And I would prefer a higher state gas tax in lieu of the registration fees that penalize multiple vehicle owners.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Jul 2010 19:16 #16 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Voting NO on props 60, 61 and 101 in November

BearMtnHIB wrote: I think libraries are still needed. I also think that every area of government needs to cut back. I personally have only used the library 3 times in the last ten years, but don't mind if they stay open on a reduced budget.

I'll be voting for every proposition that Doug Bruce is involved in. I am sick of the attacks by our local big government proponents to censor him - he has my 100% support. Doug Bruce is largly responsible for the Taxpayers Bill Of Rights - and has saved Colorado taxpayers millions. He has done more for us than any taxing/spending politician.

I think the majority of voters will agree this time around.

Wow, Birdbrain alert!

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds