So, Rush is not the only bad guy.

11 May 2012 23:24 #1 by CinnamonGirl
So, Rush is not the only bad guy. was created by CinnamonGirl
Delta pulls ads from ‘The Daily Show with Jon Stewart’

http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/2012 ... wart/?cp=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2012 09:12 #2 by Kate
I'm not getting it. How is what Stewart did "hate speech?"

12 May 2012 10:09 #3 by Photo-fish
Because the Catholic League hated it.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

12 May 2012 12:51 #4 by pineinthegrass

Kate wrote: I'm not getting it. How is what Stewart did "hate speech?"

I think the photo he showed may have something to do with it.

http://www.ooblick.com/weblog/files/2012/04/JonStewartManger1.jpg

12 May 2012 13:08 #5 by Kate
I'm still unclear. Why is that hate speech? Can someone who thinks it is hate speech explain in simple words?

12 May 2012 13:36 #6 by Soulshiner
It's not.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

12 May 2012 15:01 #7 by Grady

Soulshiner wrote: It's not.

Delta must have decided it was distasteful enough that they did not want Jon Stewart associated with their business. Or they simply weren’t getting their expected results for their advertising dollar and wanted to pull the plug on his show.

12 May 2012 15:10 #8 by JMC
Get the # and all else is irrelevant.It is all the "free market" people want. Let businesses decide what we see,Money rules!
I hate boycotts from all sides.

12 May 2012 15:40 #9 by The Boss

jmc wrote: Get the # and all else is irrelevant.It is all the "free market" people want. Let businesses decide what we see,Money rules!

Boycott is just a word. Delta has a ad message they want to get out. They are gearing this message to the only people they care about, the ticket buyers.

Any company or person can spend their money any way they want. Jon's or Rush's shows are not a public service, they are just like the TV news or free online news sources, a tool to get you to watch ads. They are worried that with offensive stuff, that these guys will make the people they care about turn the channel.

They don't decide what you see, you do, you can even buy ad space, just like them, get your message out, sell your wares, etc. But I bet if you do buy ad space, you will buy it on the program you think will be most effective and boycott all the rest, even if you don't say it that way. I say sticks and stones and free will on this one, the people still rule.

12 May 2012 15:48 #10 by JMC

popcorn eater wrote:

jmc wrote: Get the # and all else is irrelevant.It is all the "free market" people want. Let businesses decide what we see,Money rules!

Boycott is just a word. Delta has a ad message they want to get out. They are gearing this message to the only people they care about, the ticket buyers.

Any company or person can spend their money any way they want. Jon's or Rush's shows are not a public service, they are just like the TV news or free online news sources, a tool to get you to watch ads. They are worried that with offensive stuff, that these guys will make the people they care about turn the channel.

They don't decide what you see, you do, you can even buy ad space, just like them, get your message out, sell your wares, etc. But I bet if you do buy ad space, you will buy it on the program you think will be most effective and boycott all the rest, even if you don't say it that way. I say sticks and stones and free will on this one, the people still rule.

We agree, it is all about the eyeballs.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds