Park County 911 Communications Center

17 Jul 2010 04:45 #11 by keepthechange
Park County Communications is not a part of the Park County Sheriff's Office.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2010 06:35 #12 by mama bear
Once upon a time, comm center did belong to the SO. But, no longer. This seems to be one of the commissioners pet project. It is a needed project but needs to get quotes/bids for new and for remodel in an existing secure building. The Sheriff candidates involvement has been their budget ideas that have been asked of them at the debates. Don't really understand why they are being asked their opinions unless its because one idea is to relocate comm to the jail which does fall under the SO.

18 Jul 2010 03:00 #13 by AV8OR

ShilohLady wrote: AV8OR - have you ever listened to the scanner? I have the utmost respect for the 911 operators/dispatchers in Park County based on what I hear on the scanner on a daily basis.

Have not had the pleasure of listening. BTW, it was not my opinion. It was a piece of information that I heard from a senior deputy at PCSO. No need to give names.

It is my opinion that there may be some merit in conducting an exploratory on the feasibility of outsourcing that function.

18 Jul 2010 07:38 #14 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Seems to me that Tighe is so adiment on this $2.5 building, BUT does not give us any reason on not using the space in our empty jail sounds just a tad bit "stinky".

Joe Blow Construction Company Bid: $1.0 million
John Tighe reports in Flume: "INDEED the new communications center is costing $2.5 million"
Joe Blow Construction Company builds us a new Comm. Center for $1.0 million
John Tighe reporting to Flume: "Everything went according to bid of $2.5 million

hmmmmmmm....... where in the heck did the extra $1.5 million go to? This wouldn't be the first time we were taken to the "laundry"!!! :VeryScared:

I WISH WE HAD A SAY-SO ON WHAT WE WANT!!!!!! VOTE ON IT!!!!!

Put it in the freeking Jail. It's protected, it's safe from terrorists, or bombs.... IT'S EMPTY!!!!!!
:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds