Ken Buck won the assembly vote with 77% of the vote

24 May 2010 22:12 #11 by Wayne Harrison
I'm generally against Bennet just because he was appointed. He also seems very milk toast to me. If he gets the Democratic nod I would vote against him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 14:39 #12 by PrintSmith
Palin's address wasn't all that. The more prepared her remarks, the less effectively she delivers them it seems. While I generally agreed with the points she raised, her speech seemed a bit stiff, the delivery less than natural. I actually enjoyed the speeches by all three of the featured guests.

I also told the Norton folks there to gather signatures that if Norton couldn't get 30% of the vote at the assembly she shouldn't be on the ballot and I wouldn't help her circumvent the process. The ability to petition one's way onto the ballot is, IMNTBHO, there to allow folks like Maes or Buck to bypass the party bosses who might otherwise seek to find ways to keep them from being considered. That Bennet and Norton, the ones in each party with huge fundraising leads, have resorted to petitioning their way onto the ballot speaks volumes, to me at least, about their support outside of the party insiders.

25 May 2010 16:33 #13 by Grady
Ken Buck and Grady's thoughts on why Jane Norton skipped the assembly. I think she looked the numbers and felt that she might not get the 30% she would have needed to be on the primary ballot and that would be an embarrassment and would have killed her political ambitions. Jane spoke Friday are the 6th Congressional Assembly and did not get a very warm welcome, very very cool in fact. During the speeches part of assembly when Lilly Nunez spoke about accepting a candidate who decided to skip the assembly there was not much support from the crowd. It was clear that among those attending the assembly, Jane is on the outs. As of Last Saturday morning she still had the support of the insiders and the $$$$$$, but I bet by Sunday morning that was starting to dry up. Ken Buck’s people were out in force, his nomination and acceptance “presentation” was impressive.
Side note; on Mc Innis and Maes, when I watched the crowd during the nominations, it was clear that Maes was going to do well. My unscientific method had it close, I was surprised that Maes took top billing.

25 May 2010 16:37 #14 by JMC
Thanks Grady,I was waiting for your first hand analysis. I am not a Republican or Democrat but love to see the process from behind the scenes

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds