Deceptive Marketing - Need Advice - Non political

05 Jan 2013 19:01 #11 by chickaree
Have you contacted the state Attorney General?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2013 19:46 #12 by The Boss
I have never called the police unless it was associated with an act of violence or force, to do so would potentially escalate the situation to violence or force via the authorities (forcing people into court, a cell or to pay against their will) and then I would become the immoral party that used force against a non violent act. That is the biggest sin in the world or humanity.

It is not moral to be the instigator of force. Those that do so are those that belong locked up due to their lack of self control. Everything that is bad in this world comes from such people, I don't want to be in this group.

If I find it to be true, I will tell the world. If they want me to buy product from them again, they will cover the cost of the unsold products from the minimum first order. I have learned my lesson on the seed marketing this month, but I learned my lesson about calling the police way back when I chose not to insight violence, there are very special times to call, and this sure is not one of them, not by a long shot.

08 Jan 2013 06:01 #13 by RenegadeCJ

CinnamonGirl wrote: Oh, I see. That is going to be hard to prove. I think this happened to me once at a craft fair downtown years ago. A friend of mine and I were at a booth for this pie thing. It was cool but not that cool. A lady came up to the booth and was telling the lady selling that she had bought one a the year before and all her friends just had to have one and bought five. She told us the same. We both fell for it and bought them as gifts. After I left, and especially after I gave the gifts, I could not shake this feeling that the so called "customer" was a plant. I never even ended up using the item. This is a very effective ploy. I wonder what you can do about something like that legally.

It is sort of the equivalent of fake reviews on Amazon or Yelp.

Grew up going to the Mile Hi Flea Market, and that method was very common. A friend and I would even sit back and people watch a few booths...same "customer" would repeatedly come up to booths every 10 min or so. Was very effective! They would also use this to raise a price on something that a customer had offered a lower price.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

08 Jan 2013 10:37 #14 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Deceptive Marketing - Need Advice - Non political
See!!! I knew it.

08 Jan 2013 14:53 #15 by BearMtnHIB
Here's what ya do- call this company back and tell them that their super pears sold like hotcakes. Tell them what a great product they have and that your getting ready to ramp up your business to sell 10 times as many super pears.

Say somthing like this...

In a few days you can expect a very large order of your fabulous super pears from me, I'm making room for a whole section of super pears in my store. I'll call ya back day after tomorrow- just have um ready.

Then change your mind. People who play games should expect the same.

08 Jan 2013 14:57 #16 by LOL
I always assume all marketing is deceptive, in fact "deceptive marketing" is a redundant statement.

The only people worse than marketing types, are politicians and lawyers.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

08 Jan 2013 15:05 #17 by Blazer Bob

LOL wrote: I always assume all marketing is deceptive, in fact "deceptive marketing" is a redundant statement.

The only people worse than marketing types, are politicians and lawyers.

I can remember a time when used car salesmen were lower than politicians and lawyers. Times change, too bad I'm not.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds