Republicans Flee

21 Jan 2013 11:01 #1 by LadyJazzer
Republicans Flee was created by LadyJazzer

As Droves Flock to Washington, Republicans Find Reasons to Leave

As hundreds of thousands of Americans descended on Washington for President Obama’s inauguration, the one place that many Republicans said they would not be, if they could help it, was anywhere near the nation’s capital.

“It’s a chance for President Obama and his supporters to enjoy the city, and for those of us that didn’t support him, there are better places to be,” said Charlie Spies, a Republican lawyer and Mitt Romney supporter who, along with his wife, Lisa, organized a trip to Las Vegas for nearly 100 Republicans over inauguration weekend.

“Almost everybody I’ve talked to has said they’re getting out of town,” he added. “I would be surprised if you found many Republicans at all were in downtown D.C. on Monday.”

Mr. Spies’s Las Vegas excursion — complete with its own slogan, “We Still Believe in America,” a cheeky play on Mr. Romney’s campaign slogan, “Believe in America” — is perhaps the most elaborate of the Republican gatherings. Mr. Spies, who served as the treasurer of a pro-Romney “super PAC,” said he held a similar gathering in Las Vegas four years ago for about 20 friends who were veterans of President George W. Bush’s administration. But the group this time has ballooned and includes a mix of former Romney campaign staff members and supporters and clients of Mr. Spies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Keepin' it classy...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2013 11:44 #2 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Republicans Flee
Boehner had to attend, and he cried. You don't see him do THAT very often.

21 Jan 2013 11:48 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Republicans Flee
A couple losers were there, John Kerry & John McCain.

:thumbsup: Two guys who earned their millions the old fashioned way, they married into wealth.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jan 2013 11:56 #4 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Republicans Flee

FredHayek wrote: A couple losers were there, John Kerry & John McCain.

:thumbsup: Two guys who earned their millions the old fashioned way, they married into wealth.

What do YOU care?...As long as they're wealthy... That's all that matters, right?

21 Jan 2013 15:18 #5 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Republicans Flee

Raees wrote: Boehner had to attend, and he cried. You don't see him do THAT very often.

Would you mind posting some facts to back up your statement. Considering the temp was 39 degrees and the there was wind, I believe that was more likely the cause of him wiping his eyes, but that is my opinion.

21 Jan 2013 15:19 #6 by LadyJazzer
He doesn't need to provide facts... He was talking ABOUT an event...Not quoting anything specific... Under the new rules, you don't need sources for that.

21 Jan 2013 15:21 - 21 Jan 2013 15:23 #7 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic Republicans Flee
So what your telling me, he can make a statement, doesn't have to have anything to back it up and its ok. by the way, he was not talking about an event, he was talking about an individual.

21 Jan 2013 15:23 - 21 Jan 2013 15:41 #8 by LadyJazzer
Gee... Read a few hundred of Fred's (or Martin's) posts... That's EXACTLY what he can do. That's his interpretation of what he saw... If you have a different interpretation, you're free to post it... (without facts or sources.) Fred & Martin do it all the time.

21 Jan 2013 15:33 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Republicans Flee
Looks like Mrs. Boehner enjoys tanning as much as John.
They are from Ohio and should be pale in the winter.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Jan 2013 16:07 #10 by Grady
Replied by Grady on topic Republicans Flee
Speaking of "keepin it classy"
Paul Ryan Booed By Inauguration Crowd
Huff & Puff

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds