False memories of political events

10 Feb 2013 12:13 #11 by ScienceChic
That's a good idea PrintSmith, thanks.

archer, I too have realized that it would be great for my kids to have that and I haven't been disciplined enough to commit my memories to paper either. Maybe if Facebook is still around that long, and doesn't lose all our data, it can be a semi-record of events, thoughts and feelings...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2013 17:36 #12 by chickaree
Our grandkids might know more about our day to day lives than they want to! Imagine reading your moms Facebook page from back when she was dating.

10 Feb 2013 17:46 #13 by FredHayek
One of my friends had a truly amazing dad and had started recording his memories as the Alzheimer's got worse. He was very worried about what his dad would be able to remember but it worked out weird. He could remember WWII better than he could last week.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Feb 2013 17:53 #14 by ScienceChic
Long-term memory pathways are different than short-term, and unfortunately the generation of new long-term memory requires first going through the short-term pathway development (it's wicked cool some of the molecular and cellular biology changes that they've discovered in each!). That's why people with dementia and head injuries will selectively have problems with one or the other.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds