Time to trash Bob Woodward

01 Mar 2013 15:08 #31 by chickaree
It was obvious that he twisted the exchange to get some exposure. You guys are just jumping on this because it is against Obama, not because it has any credibility. The White House does enough genuinely awful stuff that giving credence to obvious stupidity like this just makes it easier for the left to blow off the serious offenses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2013 15:26 #32 by Blazer Bob

chickaree wrote: It was obvious that he twisted the exchange to get some exposure. You guys are just jumping on this because it is against Obama, not because it has any credibility. The White House does enough genuinely awful stuff that giving credence to obvious stupidity like this just makes it easier for the left to blow off the serious offenses.

IMO the left is jumping on this as a deflection from what he said and as another way to impugn his credibility. The righties who are talking about threats are chumps who have been suckered.

01 Mar 2013 16:00 #33 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Time to trash Bob Woodward

chickaree wrote: It was obvious that he twisted the exchange to get some exposure. You guys are just jumping on this because it is against Obama, not because it has any credibility. The White House does enough genuinely awful stuff that giving credence to obvious stupidity like this just makes it easier for the left to blow off the serious offenses.

Woodwards criticism of Obama has credibility and is FACTUAL. The "threat" part, I agree is a non story but the bulllying of non-compliant journalists is to be expected from the thin skin administration.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Mar 2013 16:13 #34 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Time to trash Bob Woodward
I do not believe that Woodward was threatened and listening to a an interview today, he never said he was. Politico had more to do that remark than anyone.
That said.....I do believe that this administration strong arms most anyone who disagrees with them and uses some pretty ugly tactics to shoot the messenger.

01 Mar 2013 17:13 #35 by Something the Dog Said
Those cordial apologies are just brutal.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

01 Mar 2013 17:40 #36 by pineinthegrass

How is it obvious?

Woodward already got a ton of exposure from his Washington Post article before all this happened.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

The real story was that the White House did suggest the sequester (despite their denials and attempt to blame it all on Republicans) and that the original agreement between Biden and McConnell only called for spending cuts, and hence the "goal post" moved when the Dems added revenue increases. There was no mention of the word "regret" at that point.

01 Mar 2013 18:21 #37 by Something the Dog Said
Why is that a story at all? Even if it were true (not saying it is), so what? The real story is that Congress has failed to craft legislation that would have replaced the sequester. Why are you wasting bandwidth with distractions as Obama said it first. Get the job done, don't worry about who started it. Just take care of business.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

01 Mar 2013 18:33 #38 by pineinthegrass
All I said was it is a big story. And it is. The sequester is a big story. The blame game is a big story. We have 19 pages of it so far in the Courthouse.

Don't ask me to explain it. I blame both parties for the sequester. It was dumb to make blind cuts without any control over it, but no one thought it would actually happen. Otherwise cutting a measly 2.5% or so while spending continues to increase shouldn't of been nearly as big of a deal.

01 Mar 2013 20:15 #39 by Something the Dog Said

pineinthegrass wrote: All I said was it is a big story. And it is. The sequester is a big story. The blame game is a big story. We have 19 pages of it so far in the Courthouse.

Don't ask me to explain it. I blame both parties for the sequester. It was dumb to make blind cuts without any control over it, but no one thought it would actually happen. Otherwise cutting a measly 2.5% or so while spending continues to increase shouldn't of been nearly as big of a deal.

It is only a big story for those wishing to deflect on the failure of Congress to craft a replacement for the sequester. It serves absolutely no purpose other than that.

02 Mar 2013 11:16 #40 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Time to trash Bob Woodward
Congress has made attempts to bring forth solutions but has been met with a brick wall from this administration.
chicken/ egg

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds