Government Hires Andy Griffith To Explain Health Care

01 Aug 2010 09:15 #1 by CinnamonGirl
[youtube:2sarheyu]
[/youtube:2sarheyu]

http://gawker.com/5600822/government-en ... old-people

As the AP notes, the government's $700,000 ad will only be shown on television's "old people" channels:

Medicare says the national ad is not political, but part of its outreach to educate seniors about new benefits available next year. The ad is slated to run on channels seniors watch, such as the Weather Channel, CNN, Hallmark and Lifetime, at an initial cost of $700,000.
No MTV? Seriously? It's safe to assume that Americans of all ages were stupid enough to watch the Jersey Shore premiere this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2010 09:56 #2 by Hard To Say
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Goooooollleee! Say it ain't so, Andy!

Andy uses Medicare every opportunity he gets!

01 Aug 2010 11:33 - 01 Aug 2010 19:18 #3 by LOL
In addition, AP noted that several educational follow-up videos are planned:

-Gomer Pyle will air a video to explain a new winning strategy III for the 10 year war in Afghanistan.

-Bernie Madoff will air a video (from prison) to explain the new higher social security tax with reduced benefits!

-Richard Petty will air a video on electric car driving techniques, including useful tips for pushing them home with dead batteries.

Golllyyyeee :)

Additional educational information for clue-less citizens and undocumented voters will be posted on a new government web site: [url=http://www.WTFshouldIdoToday.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.WTFshouldIdoToday.gov[/url] (Both English and Spanish).

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Aug 2010 15:38 #4 by JMC
Geez Joe ! You co-opted my sig with yours.Loved Sargent Carter. You could have used "MOVE IT,MOVE IT,MOVE IT"

01 Aug 2010 16:23 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Plagiarizing sigs is not allowed Joe!

01 Aug 2010 17:07 #6 by LOL
I know, I need to find a new one. I should add -Grouchy Joe to mine.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Aug 2010 19:31 #7 by Residenttroll returns
Did you know that starting in 2011, the employer paid portion of your health care is taxable income. Enjoy the new taxes.

01 Aug 2010 19:47 #8 by LOL
RT, if that was true it would be fine by me. I pay for my own individual coverage with no tax deduction, zero, zip, nada.

I think you are wrong though, the only taxes are on high value plans, above a certain amt, and of course not indexed to inflation. ( I believe). However, I can't be sure since only 10 people or so in the whole country have probably actually read the HC bill.

01 Aug 2010 20:41 #9 by JMC

Joe wrote: RT, if that was true it would be fine by me. I pay for my own individual coverage with no tax deduction, zero, zip, nada.

I think you are wrong though, the only taxes are on high value plans, above a certain amt, and of course not indexed to inflation. ( I believe). However, I can't be sure since only 10 people or so in the whole country have probably actually read the HC bill.

Right! All of it.

01 Aug 2010 21:12 #10 by PondLady
RT - I'm not sure where you got your information. The total cost of employer sponsored health care is required to be "displayed" on 2011 W-2s. It will not be taxed. As JMC stated, only high value plans will be taxed to the employer (guess where that extra cost will be passed along to) but that won't happen until 2018 if then. Might be a new congress and president by then.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds