The ultimate in liberal hypocrisy

28 Mar 2013 09:48 #11 by FOS
Who are these people who devalue adoption? I have never in my life personally met one person who shames a mother for her choice of giving a child up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2013 09:51 #12 by FredHayek

frogger wrote: Who are these people who devalue adoption? I have never in my life personally met one person who shames a mother for her choice of giving a child up.

I know a man whose mother gave him up for adoption and he never knew her name and grew up in an upper middle class family and is now a university professor and he is still upset with his birth mother giving him up.
:smackshead: I don't understand his feelings but there are all kinds.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Mar 2013 09:58 #13 by chickaree
I worked with a young woman who was planning on putting her baby up for adoption. Both her family and her ex-boyfriends badgered her out of it. They couldn't bear the thought of their grand-baby growing up without knowing them. They preferred to force this bright young woman into premature adulthood. Don't think for one second that this is unusual. I'm betting that two or three years down the road, all the help that has been promised her will evaporate.

28 Mar 2013 10:23 #14 by FOS
I can tell you that there are families that support their loved ones for a lifetime.

28 Mar 2013 10:35 #15 by Rick
I have the highest respect for women who opt for giving their baby to any family, gay or straight instead of giving it to an abortion doctor to destroy. Anyone who thinks badly of a woman who offers a child for adoption has a warped sense or morality imo (unless said women are in the business of selling babies)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Mar 2013 10:41 #16 by chickaree
The pressure mostly comes from friends and families, but they have the greatest influence.

29 Mar 2013 12:01 #17 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic The ultimate in liberal hypocrisy

The Dude wrote: or you could look at it this way....

Seriously? Adults considering whether or not they can take care of a child prior to having sex is ridiculous in the eyes of a liberal?

Wow. Just wow.

29 Mar 2013 12:04 #18 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic The ultimate in liberal hypocrisy

The Dude wrote:

So I guess when you're a liberal, death is always the better choice. Adoption is out of the question for you, huh? Despite the fact that there are thousands of food banks, churches and charities all over the the country, free and reduced lunches in public schools...your solution is death.

29 Mar 2013 13:24 #19 by Reverend Revelant

chickaree wrote: I worked with a young woman who was planning on putting her baby up for adoption. Both her family and her ex-boyfriends badgered her out of it. They couldn't bear the thought of their grand-baby growing up without knowing them. They preferred to force this bright young woman into premature adulthood. Don't think for one second that this is unusual. I'm betting that two or three years down the road, all the help that has been promised her will evaporate.

Premature adulthood versus premature death... hmmmmm...

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

29 Mar 2013 15:07 #20 by chickaree
Geez, twist others words much? Try reading what other people post first for a change. The choices were adoption vs. parenthood. But you don't really care what others are saying, do you? You just want to stir up a fight. What do we call that now? I think we have more than enough trolls here already.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds