Election Today? Who would you vote for for Commissioner?

02 Aug 2010 20:51 #1 by CC
If the election were held today, who would you vote for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2010 20:59 #2 by navycpo7
Seems to me that if wissell gets elected, and her hubby still in office also there is a huge conflict of interest. Mark just needs to go away. So from reading the threads on here to make things right and give the county a chance to right itself the last thing we need is another commissioner that has conflicts of interest.

02 Aug 2010 21:09 #3 by CC
I know The Wissells pretty well and I just don't see the problem. There are lots of ways to overcome a conflict of interest.
It is just not an issue for me personally.

02 Aug 2010 22:01 #4 by Mtn Gramma
It's a huge issue for me, as is the conflict of interest with John Tighe being part of the SO and being a commissioner.

03 Aug 2010 11:26 #5 by Cadillacokeefe
The conflict of interest is an issue for us as well. There have already been allegations of questionable expenses and departmental budget increases raised from when the Wissels were previously in office at the same time. Added to our concerns that both Wissels have been in government employ in an assortment of positions over the last many years and we don't think it's a good idea.

Sam's dad may have been a county commissioner, but she didn't have to approve his budget and she has not been a government employee. We'd prefer someone in office who doesn't have the taint of prior government "experience", a citizen who will represent other citizen's interests. Lillian may have some good ideas, but her years of government affiliation make her part of the "machine" that needs to go...

03 Aug 2010 14:29 #6 by Stand Proud N Speak Out
I would vote and have voted for Lillian! Reason you ask beacuse she is the only one in my mind that will stand up and say NO to Tighe and Hodges. Mark rolls over and Sam's got no experience.

03 Aug 2010 14:30 #7 by Stand Proud N Speak Out
I forgot to add if Sam gets elected Monica Jones will eat her up in the November election! Lillian and Monica will at least have a fair fight.

03 Aug 2010 14:40 #8 by CC
Have to agree with the statement above about Monica Jones.
I persoanlly believe that we are going to need the kind of experience that Lillian Wissell can bring to the table. We are in a world of hurt and I DO believe she has enough backbone to tell John Tighe where to put his John Tighe Memorial Center.

03 Aug 2010 14:42 #9 by CC

Seems to me that if wissell gets elected, and her hubby still in office also there is a huge conflict of interest. Mark just needs to go away. So from reading the threads on here to make things right and give the county a chance to right itself the last thing we need is another commissioner that has conflicts of interest.

So this bothers you but Fred Wegener and John Tighe don't? I don't get it.

03 Aug 2010 14:46 #10 by Cadillacokeefe

Becky wrote:

So this bothers you but Fred Wegener and John Tighe don't? I don't get it.

Fred and John are married to each other?? :VeryScared: (Not that there's anything wrong with that...!) :wink:

Sorry, Becky, but I just couldn't resist! :biggrin:

I support voting out the entire "machine" - it's time for some new ideas (and no I don't mean "hope and change"... :VeryScared: :VeryScared: ).

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds