Election Today? Who would you vote for for Commissioner?

03 Aug 2010 23:04 #11 by navycpo7

Becky wrote:

Seems to me that if wissell gets elected, and her hubby still in office also there is a huge conflict of interest. Mark just needs to go away. So from reading the threads on here to make things right and give the county a chance to right itself the last thing we need is another commissioner that has conflicts of interest.

So this bothers you but Fred Wegener and John Tighe don't? I don't get it.

Nope I believe J. Tighe has the same problem and should not be there also. If we want the county to clean up then there should be no appearance of any kind of conflict of interest. Period. No exceptions to the rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Aug 2010 08:00 #12 by Mtn Gramma

navycpo7 wrote: Nope I believe J. Tighe has the same problem and should not be there also. If we want the county to clean up then there should be no appearance of any kind of conflict of interest. Period. No exceptions to the rule.

But Fred, who is part of the conflict of interest, should remain in office? Sorry, you can't dump one party and not the other.

05 Aug 2010 17:22 #13 by Nmysys
It is interesting that you pointed that out MtnGramma to CPO7! I agree that it is all involved.

I have personally never bought into the question of conflict of interest with two Wissels. The assessor doesn't set any policy or create any budget other than to run his office. All he does and has done for all these years is apply the tax rate to each taxpayer.

I have attended many a Commissioners meeting when Lillian was replacing a commissioner who had died and she did always stand up to whoever else was Commissioner.

I do favor new blood in the office of Commissioner so I have found myself only against Mark Dowaliby. I question if either of the ladies can beat Monica Jones in the General Election. I stop short at endorsing either of them at this point.

06 Aug 2010 14:40 #14 by Tilt
Monica Yes. lillian always would stand up for ?? Not the taxpayers.
Always dodged the number one need by citizens-fixing the infrastructure.
In 2008 ALL(ALL)candidates said road problems #1. Why hasn't it been
brought up by the two new candidates LW and SB? They have other eyes for the homeowners tax money?

06 Aug 2010 14:54 #15 by 2wlady
Please remember that Lillian's husband, Dave, is also the chairman of the Land & Water Trust Fund Board is trying to get beaucoup bucks appropriated for PCLL in the name of effective land and water use.

Show me where that isn't a conflict of interest if she gets on the BOCC.

06 Aug 2010 16:01 #16 by Mtn Gramma
Well she did say in her thread that "if she felt there was a conflict of interest" she would recuse herself. What if she doesn't think so but the rest of us do???

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds