Overtime Versus Comptime?

12 May 2013 07:42 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Overtime Versus Comptime?
Update: The Republican proposal passed but has little chance of getting voted on in the Senate. The Dems offered a counter bill that I liked which let the workers choose pay or vacation for working overtime. That didn't pass.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2013 14:21 #12 by PrintSmith
I'm trying to figure out why it shouldn't be the sole decision of the employer. They are responsible for providing the job, correct? It is their money that is being used to compensate the employee for their efforts, correct? Doesn't this come under the umbrella of how one chooses to allocate their own resources? If you are told that the company will not be paying time and a half for hours in excess of 40 but instead providing compensation time, does the employee not have the option of finding a job where the company policy is different? No one is required to work for any given employer after all, are they?

13 May 2013 20:41 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Overtime Versus Comptime?

PrintSmith wrote: I'm trying to figure out why it shouldn't be the sole decision of the employer. They are responsible for providing the job, correct? It is their money that is being used to compensate the employee for their efforts, correct? Doesn't this come under the umbrella of how one chooses to allocate their own resources? If you are told that the company will not be paying time and a half for hours in excess of 40 but instead providing compensation time, does the employee not have the option of finding a job where the company policy is different? No one is required to work for any given employer after all, are they?

Too much logic and common sense can get confusing around here PS. :yeahthat:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds