Moderation

16 May 2010 11:02 #11 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Moderation
My problem is would I be too curious to use the foe button. When someone says 'you can't' I want to. I take what I need and leave the rest. I also love the friend button. Very easy to find people that I like to PM often.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 May 2010 12:13 #12 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic Moderation
I prefer less moderation, but realistic enough to understand that some level will always be necessary. When absolutely necessary, it should be applied consistently. That seems to be the biggest issue on forums. Of course if posters could just be respectful of other posters forums wouldn't need much moderating.

I agree that some people just like to taunt and bait or just can't let another person have the last word. A forum is no different than in "real life" when folks interact with each other in person. Personally, I think the best way to handle these situations is to just put out their fire by ignoring them and moving on. I don't think it is a sign of weakness if one uses the ignore button, or just laughs at the post and moves on.

I'd want my friends to PM me if it appears I'm not being respectful of others or if I'm letting someone get under my skin.

Good question and topic! Nice to get it out into the open and discuss it.

16 May 2010 13:46 #13 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Moderation
I totally agree with what bandbvh and freebird are saying. I know I can get into some heated debates on politics but if my friends ever think I am getting a bit out of control or disrespectful, I would love for them to let me know. Sometimes you get so caught up in the moment or you bite on someone else's bait who is just looking for a fight, that you don't realize that you are stooping down to their level.

16 May 2010 17:31 #14 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Moderation
This thread is another of the coolest things about this site and another reason to love it! I like to discuss the different ways of seeing one subject. Politics, for example, is fascinating to me. As is religion. Not because I care to change anyone's mind, but because I love when they show me an idea on a subject that I hadn't thought of in quite that way. On other sites, I never posted much about politics because I felt the other posters mostly wanted to force their agenda down my throat and like you, robynabc, don't tell me what to do, think, wear or say.

The moderation of ourselves is what will work. I love the grown ups wearing their grown up panties over here and I hope the moderation is kept amongst us, by us. Like others have stated, if I'm out of line, please, PM me.

16 May 2010 18:33 #15 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Moderation

LopingAlong wrote: This thread is another of the coolest things about this site and another reason to love it! I like to discuss the different ways of seeing one subject. Politics, for example, is fascinating to me. As is religion. Not because I care to change anyone's mind, but because I love when they show me an idea on a subject that I hadn't thought of in quite that way. On other sites, I never posted much about politics because I felt the other posters mostly wanted to force their agenda down my throat and like you, robynabc, don't tell me what to do, think, wear or say.

The moderation of ourselves is what will work. I love the grown ups wearing their grown up panties over here and I hope the moderation is kept amongst us, by us. Like others have stated, if I'm out of line, please, PM me.

This is an interesting thing to me too. I am not religious. But I have had Jehovah witness and other religious organizations come to my door I took their pamphlets because I wanted to see what they were talking about. I promised to read it and I did. The Mormon kids would not leave it unless I prayed. I told them I was interested in reading about other religions but they didn't want me to read it without really wanting to think about being serious about it. But point is, is fun to get others perspectives.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds