Changes to our lives coming soon!!

09 Aug 2010 17:18 #1 by Nmysys
INTERESTING...

Coming Changes

Interesting compilation of changes that are coming... .

A Good Read

Whether these changes are good or bad depends in part on how we adapt to them but, ready or not, here they come!

1. The Post Office.

2. The Check.

3. The Newspaper.

4. The Book.

5. The Land Line Telephone.

6. Music.

7. Television.

8. The "Things." That You Own. Many of the very possessions that we used to own are still in our lives, but we may not actually own them in the future.

9. Privacy.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT... .

http://www.guidenseek.com/changes-are-coming.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2010 18:44 #2 by outdoor338
very good, and I see those changes coming very soon!

10 Aug 2010 08:32 #3 by JMC
Some of these changes I will welcome but most likely things just morph and change rather slow. Gtrat opportunities for creative entrepreneurs.

10 Aug 2010 09:30 #4 by Nobody that matters
Cloud computing? Not likely. Only idiots trust storage not under their direct control. Maybe for backups or portability, but local copies will always be the norm.

and as fro landline going away? That'll happen when the Cell companies get off their asses and get GOOD service up in the hills. If I didn't have a landline, I wouldn't have a phone. VOIP on the cable system? Nope - too many snowstorms take out the neighbor's cable service, but my twisted pair keeps right on chugging.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

10 Aug 2010 09:51 #5 by FredHayek
Books? I look at Amazon and their e-books are only a dollar or two less than the hardbacks! For that difference, I will wait for the paperback.

I still buy my paper, but I expect to pay a premium for it since less & less will be printed.
I wonder if you will eventually see a national paper with a local section.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Aug 2010 10:12 #6 by LOL
Don't forget the "smart" electrical grid, with higher prices during peak hours. When they add "smart" to something, I immediately think more expensive, complex, unreliable, and hacker prone.

When the sun goes under a cloud, or the wind stops, your AC, washer/dryer and other non-necessities will be shut off. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Aug 2010 10:19 #7 by Nmysys
Does Smart and Green mean the same thing?

10 Aug 2010 10:34 #8 by Local_Historian
I'm still stuck on paper; it's my preference for books.

dmcdd has it - I see all these companies offering offsite data storage, but no thanks. Call me paranoid, but this not my idea of secure. And I don't have any "state secrets" just good old fashioned distrust.

Television is going away - my own kids rarely watch it - they watch on the computer instead. And in the nearer future, I may well be willing to do away with direct tv and just hook up a computer feed to a monitor. Cheaper, same number of ads, same info and entertainment flowing into my house.

10 Aug 2010 13:13 #9 by LOL

Nmysys wrote: Does Smart and Green mean the same thing?

No, smart refers to electronics and usually wireless or internet connected, automated or accessible to the user or utility for programming, control usage. Smart electric meter, smart appliances, etc.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Aug 2010 14:21 #10 by ScienceChic

Nmysys wrote: Does Smart and Green mean the same thing?

Hopefully, but unfortunately not always! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds