VOTING UPDATES??????

10 Aug 2010 19:42 #11 by CC
Replied by CC on topic VOTING UPDATES??????
Debra Green was at her office when I was there at around 2:00pm.
Had an unusual occurrence with the Under Sheriff's wife. I had to as k an election judge twice to get her to move on and cease talking politics in the parking lot of the fire station. I wonder why she was voting in Bailey?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 19:51 #12 by CC
Replied by CC on topic VOTING UPDATES??????
Some issues that bothered me today.

!. There was a drop off box for mail in ballots at the polls today.
Did anyone know that you could just drop it off today?
NOPE
2. If you were unaffiliated today....you could just walk in and declare a party and vote.
So much misinformation handed out this year for the primary

Can anyone say recall?

10 Aug 2010 19:58 #13 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic VOTING UPDATES??????
I knew on the unaffiliated you could declare today. The drop off box was way mis-information as was the bringing your mail in ballot in and being able to vote electronically and have it counted regularly instead of as a provisional. Thank you for being there and clarifying...I was about to make a big mistake!

10 Aug 2010 20:13 #14 by Renaud
Replied by Renaud on topic VOTING UPDATES??????
Hey Dude!

I was an active Park County Democrat until the 2008 caucuses. I was also a friend of Pat Waak, State Chair and her husband through Audubon Society projects. That was the year when Obama was elected. All three county commissioners' seats were up for grabs and I was almost bopping the rest of our central committee on the head. They were enthralled by Obama from the time he declared his candidacy, throwing all their energy toward him. Park County has a relatively small population and the possibility of it voting for a Democrat as president makes this county a write-off for the democrats when it comes to state and national elections.

While though that getting a democrat elected commissioner was as possible as a snowball in hell, I believed that the county Democratic Party had to show its presence and credibility to the county and begin by challenging the park county Republican Party with democratic party values. For me, winning was not as important as playing the game and if the county Republican Party debated those issues with the democrats it would, I thought be beneficial for their candidates.

Well, no dice! The county democrats continue to be as dynamic as lichen on a rock. I switched to the Republican Party because not only because it is the only show in Park, but also because the county departments an elected office present reports at their meetings. Belonging to the county, knowing and understanding it are 100% more important to me than partisanship.

Turns out that this year the republican primary presented choices and challenges to republican voters and that include statewide candidates.

The county democrats can use someone like you. See if you can move them off their tree stump. If I am for anything it is the two party system and rigorous campaigns based on the more important local issues.

10 Aug 2010 20:38 #15 by RockyMtnHigh
Replied by RockyMtnHigh on topic VOTING UPDATES??????
Okay, I really want to know. Already called the clerk twice. Third time is a charm.

10 Aug 2010 20:39 #16 by Renaud
Replied by Renaud on topic VOTING UPDATES??????

Becky wrote: Debra Green was at her office when I was there at around 2:00pm.
Had an unusual occurrence with the Under Sheriff's wife. I had to as k an election judge twice to get her to move on and cease talking politics in the parking lot of the fire station. I wonder why she was voting in Bailey?

Was Bobbi Gore closer than 100' away from the polling place? If she was, she was violating election rules as anyone else would. I was having a discussion with some people today at the Fairgrounds Polling place. It was not about the election or politics, and one of these people was a poll watcher. A judge asked us to beyond the 100' boundary. The issue becomes more serious if a candidate or part officer remains within the boundary. Their presence is a political advertisement and tends to intimidate some voters. They are required to cast their ballots and get out!

Park County voting occurs at polling centers. Any county voter may vote at any one of them. I am from Bailey and could havet in Fairplay. Bobbi Gore is directory of Park County Senior Coalition and has a lot of business to do in Bailey.

I am not condoning violation of election law. Bobbi Gore is not a candidate and a lot of people see friends and neighbors in the parking lot and start conversations. Perhaps the election judge needed to be more assertive after the first warning.

10 Aug 2010 20:43 #17 by ColoradoXprss
Replied by ColoradoXprss on topic VOTING UPDATES??????

chocolove wrote: I knew on the unaffiliated you could declare today. The drop off box was way mis-information as was the bringing your mail in ballot in and being able to vote electronically and have it counted regularly instead of as a provisional. Thank you for being there and clarifying...I was about to make a big mistake!

I purposely did not mail in my ballot, took to the mail in ballot to the polling place today to surrender it in order to do an electronic voting and was TOLD I could not. I could only do a provisional write in ballot and put it in another sealed envelope which went into another blue canvas bag which would be sealed at the end of voting tonight. Hmmm...i'll be checking my tracking number to make sure my vote got counted and if not...WELL .....I'm just sayin'!! :crossed:

10 Aug 2010 20:43 #18 by chocolove
updates are here

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2959&p=30045#p30045 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2959&p=30045#p30045<!-- l -->

10 Aug 2010 20:46 #19 by chocolove
That is what I was going to do Coloradoxprss but Becky was there when I showed up and she told me I could go out to my car and fill in my mail in ballot and then bring it in and put it in the lock box so that is what I did. I was not happy how the rules seemed to keep changing.

10 Aug 2010 22:56 #20 by Local_Historian
More and more I'm glad I am in Jeffco.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds