Wednesday afternoon's entertainment

31 Oct 2013 10:28 #11 by LadyJazzer
Yes, I'm also grasping at straws when I point out that the GOTP/TeaPublicans are now down to 22% approval (76% DISAPPROVAL)--the lowest in history....(And that's the OVERALL rating...It's even worse for women, blacks, Hispanics, and college-age youth...)

Insert irrelevant Obama rating here: _________ Hint: Obana isn't running for anything.

I can hardly wait for 2014....and 2016.... :biggrin:

I thank god every day for Ted Cruz, and the TeaBaggers.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2013 10:34 #12 by FredHayek
The Washington Post is reporting today that Hillary and Bill are already working on her campaign. It will be a promise to bring back bipartisan government like under Bill instead of the Chicago/Allinsky stonewalling of the current administration.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Oct 2013 10:43 #13 by LadyJazzer
Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'...

Ted Cruz and the TeaHadists are proof that there IS a god... lol :biggrin:

31 Oct 2013 14:43 #14 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUY5byTzwwz4UNf3SspJMIF8jk47HmhlreMbQqzTEMlDUIgdR68Q

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Oct 2013 14:50 #15 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote:

House Republicans Skip Obamacare Briefing They Furiously Demanded

For all their fury, most of the House Republicans who had demanded their own closed-door briefing from the administration on President Barack Obama's struggling health care rollout were no-shows on Wednesday.

Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) told reporters that "about 20 members" attended the House GOP briefing, at which senior Health and Human Services Department official Mike Hash laid out some of the issues facing the Healthcare.gov website.

The meeting was scheduled after House Republicans cried foul when they weren't included in last week's closed-door session with Democrats. The White House said Democrats had requested the briefing, but Brendan Buck, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), deemed the snub "all the more offensive after [HHS] Secretary Sebelius declined to testify" at a House committee hearing last Thursday on Obamacare.

Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said House Republicans' need to receive their own briefing had become less compelling once Sebelius was set to testify and field questions from members of Congress.

The office of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) seized on the poorly attended GOP briefing. "Fortunately for House Republicans, extreme bouts of self-righteous indignation are covered by Obamacare," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said in a statement.

They call their own meeting and then skip it. I guess if they can't do their cheap-shots in front of the cameras, it loses something.... :biggrin: Much Ado About Nothing....

Obamacare was a compromise between Democrats who wanted single payer and Democrats who did not want single payer. It was never a compromise with Republicans.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

31 Oct 2013 14:51 #16 by Rick

Walter L Newton wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

House Republicans Skip Obamacare Briefing They Furiously Demanded

For all their fury, most of the House Republicans who had demanded their own closed-door briefing from the administration on President Barack Obama's struggling health care rollout were no-shows on Wednesday.

Rep. John Fleming (R-La.) told reporters that "about 20 members" attended the House GOP briefing, at which senior Health and Human Services Department official Mike Hash laid out some of the issues facing the Healthcare.gov website.

The meeting was scheduled after House Republicans cried foul when they weren't included in last week's closed-door session with Democrats. The White House said Democrats had requested the briefing, but Brendan Buck, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), deemed the snub "all the more offensive after [HHS] Secretary Sebelius declined to testify" at a House committee hearing last Thursday on Obamacare.

Boehner spokesman Michael Steel said House Republicans' need to receive their own briefing had become less compelling once Sebelius was set to testify and field questions from members of Congress.

The office of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) seized on the poorly attended GOP briefing. "Fortunately for House Republicans, extreme bouts of self-righteous indignation are covered by Obamacare," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said in a statement.

They call their own meeting and then skip it. I guess if they can't do their cheap-shots in front of the cameras, it loses something.... :biggrin: Much Ado About Nothing....

Obamacare was a compromise between Democrats who wanted single payer and Democrats who did not want single payer. It was never a compromise with Republicans.

LJ doesn't understand truth, give it up.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

31 Oct 2013 14:58 #17 by FredHayek

tongue: If I had a nickel for everytime I read this, I could retire like VL.

31 Oct 2013 15:26 #18 by Mary Scott

FredHayek wrote:

tongue: If I had a nickel for everytime I read this, I could retire like VL.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't believe it God.

31 Oct 2013 15:35 #19 by hillfarmer
I would argue that Ted Cruz and the TeaHadists are proof that there is no god. Any compassionate all-powerful being would not tolerate their level of hatred.

31 Oct 2013 15:42 #20 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: I would argue that Ted Cruz and the TeaHadists are proof that there is no god. Any compassionate all-powerful being would not tolerate their level of hatred.

You would fit in well with Team Obama who think the GOP is more dangerous than Iran with nukes.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds