ACA (Obamacare) updates for 2014

18 Feb 2014 10:44 #221 by Reverend Revelant
Sure... he read about it in the paper like the rest of us...

Before O-Care debacle, Sebelius made many trips to White House

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was in frequent contact with President Obama and senior White House aides before the disastrous launch of the federal ObamaCare exchange last year.

While Sebelius has said the president was not aware of HealthCare.gov’s problems, more than 750 pages of documents obtained by The Hill through a Freedom of Information Act request show she made scores of visits to the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT
The documents reveal that Sebelius met with or attended calls and events with Obama at least 18 times between Oct. 27, 2012, and Oct. 6, 2013, including at least seven instances in which the two were scheduled to discuss the new healthcare law, according to the secretary’s draft schedules.
She had breakfast or lunch with Pete Rouse, considered one of Obama’s closest advisers, at least three times. Moreover, Sebelius had scheduled calls or meetings with Valerie Jarrett, an Obama confidante, and White House chief of staff Denis McDonough.

Sebelius also met with or had calls with Chris Jennings, then a White House senior healthcare adviser, at least seven times in the roughly yearlong period.

http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/he ... hite-house

Next to Nixon, I don't think we've had a president who has told such blatant, in your face lies to the American public.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Feb 2014 11:10 #222 by koobookie

Reverend Revelant wrote: Sure... he read about it in the paper like the rest of us...

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was in frequent contact with President Obama and senior White House aides before the disastrous launch of the federal ObamaCare exchange last year.

While Sebelius has said the president was not aware of HealthCare.gov’s problems, more than 750 pages of documents obtained by The Hill through a Freedom of Information Act request show she made scores of visits to the White House.

ADVERTISEMENT
The documents reveal that Sebelius met with or attended calls and events with Obama at least 18 times between Oct. 27, 2012, and Oct. 6, 2013, including at least seven instances in which the two were scheduled to discuss the new healthcare law, according to the secretary’s draft schedules.
She had breakfast or lunch with Pete Rouse, considered one of Obama’s closest advisers, at least three times. Moreover, Sebelius had scheduled calls or meetings with Valerie Jarrett, an Obama confidante, and White House chief of staff Denis McDonough.

Sebelius also met with or had calls with Chris Jennings, then a White House senior healthcare adviser, at least seven times in the roughly yearlong period.

Next to Nixon, I don't think we've had a president who has told such blatant, in your face lies to the American public.

Aren't you forgetting George W. Bush?

18 Feb 2014 11:13 #223 by Reverend Revelant

not interested wrote:

Reverend Revelant wrote: Sure... he read about it in the paper like the rest of us...

ADVERTISEMENT

You're right. George Bush should be included. And I'm glad you agree with me that Obama is a liar.

18 Feb 2014 11:20 #224 by koobookie

Reverend Revelant wrote:

not interested wrote:

Reverend Revelant wrote:

You're right. George Bush should be included. And I'm glad you agree with me that Obama is a liar.

I didn't say that.

18 Feb 2014 11:25 #225 by Reverend Revelant

not interested wrote: I didn't say that.

Of course you did. You added another president to my list of liars. You never said something like "no... Nixon and Bush were liars, not Obama."

I don't mind taking a stab at your effort to deflect the subject of this thread. Obamacare and it's inherent problems are not going away anytime soon. There'll be a lot more entries to post under this subject as the weeks and month go on.

So...do you hate Bush?

18 Feb 2014 13:30 #226 by Rick

not interested wrote: Aren't you forgetting George W. Bush?

I'm just curious what lie(s) you're talking about.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Feb 2014 19:32 #227 by Reverend Revelant

Reverend Revelant wrote:

not interested wrote: I didn't say that.

Of course you did. You added another president to my list of liars. You never said something like "no... Nixon and Bush were liars, not Obama."

I don't mind taking a stab at your effort to deflect the subject of this thread. Obamacare and it's inherent problems are not going away anytime soon. There'll be a lot more entries to post under this subject as the weeks and month go on.

So...do you hate Bush?

I guess not interested was not interested.

18 Feb 2014 19:41 #228 by otisptoadwater

Rick wrote:

not interested wrote: Aren't you forgetting George W. Bush?

I'm just curious what lie(s) you're talking about.

You know Rick, the generic lie that makes everything Bush's fault. It doesn't have to be true, it's the Obamabot's mantra.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

19 Feb 2014 15:48 #229 by Reverend Revelant
Hey... remember that medical device tax in Obamacare?

New Survey Reveals Real World Impact of Medical Device Tax

To provide information on the real-world impact of the tax in the first full year of implementation, AdvaMed conducted an online survey of member companies at the end of 2013. The survey responses were generalized to the industry as a whole based on the ratio of revenues of responding companies to revenues of the overall industry.

“During a time when there is bipartisan support for growing high-technology manufacturing jobs, these results should serve as a wake-up call. As a result of the medical device tax, we have seen an unprecedented impact on jobs and key investments in R&D,” said Stephen J. Ubl, president and CEO of AdvaMed. “The findings of the report underscore the need to repeal this tax.”

According to the report, the tax has led to employment reductions of approximately 14,000 industry workers and foregone hiring of 19,000 workers. The total job impact of the tax on industry employment was approximately 33,000.

Independent estimates of the relationship between direct employment in the industry and indirect employment among suppliers and in the general economy found a ratio of four indirect jobs for each direct job. Applying this ratio to jobs lost or foregone suggests that the impact of the tax on indirect employment would be approximately 132,000 jobs, for a total job loss due to the tax of as many as 165,000 jobs.

The report also found that almost one-third of respondents (30.6 percent) said they had reduced R&D as a result of the tax. Almost ten percent of respondents said they had relocated manufacturing outside of the U.S. or expanded manufacturing abroad because of the tax.

http://advamed.org/news/89/new-survey-r ... device-tax

Boy... are those medical device industry people just a bunch of haters. Just think, because of the medical device tax thousands of people who were "job bound" have been released from their mundane jobs so they can paint, and act and write poetry or maybe start a new business that will be regulated and taxed to death by big government.

Gotta look at the bright side of Obamacare.

19 Feb 2014 17:45 #230 by FredHayek
I work for a medical meter manufacturer. Due to the tax new meter sales are down and customers are choosing to repair obsolete designs instead. Only patients lives at stake right? Job bound? How about Earth bound patients?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds