Vote Shires for Sheriff (Jefferson County)

06 Jun 2014 15:54 #1 by Ornithocheirus
Please vote for Jim Shires to be the next Sheriff of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.shires4sheriff.com/serving-jeffco.html

https://www.facebook.com/Shires4Sheriff

https://twitter.com/shires4sheriff

About Jim Shires

I was born and raised in Oklahoma until I was 15. My Mom was a single mother, and she taught me early on, through her actions, about the values of sacrifice and putting others first. Mom moved us to South Jefferson County when I was 15, and I've never wanted to leave.

I’ve been serving the public my entire working life, starting with my first job as a car-hop for A&W Root Beer in Moore, Oklahoma. I didn't know then that someday I would be running for Sheriff, but the seeds were being planted.

Growing up in Oklahoma, I learned the meaning of respect and loyalty. My hero then, and to this day, is my Grandpa, A J “Buster” Shires. He made brooms for a living in Wynnewood. I spent every summer break with Grandpa. We would go fishing and hunting and work with our hands around the house. He taught me that a person should give an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. I still believe in that ideal.

Shortly after moving to the Columbine area, I continued serving the public by making hamburgers at Dairy Queen and pizza at Pizza Hut.

I graduated from Columbine High School and worked at Wendy’s during the evenings and the then West Meadows Golf Course during the day. Now it's just The Meadows. In fact, I was hired at both jobs to help them open for business. My leadership skills were becoming evident. The Wendy’s was a manager-training store and I trained many new managers before being hired as a Jefferson County Deputy Sheriff.

As SHERIFF I will:

CONTROL THE BUDGET while being fiscally responsible to the community's needs.
Actively SUPPORT the Second Amendment and PROTECT your individual rights and freedoms.
DEVELOP open information sharing and placement options for the mentally ill.
Protect and INFORM citizens of Jefferson County of deceptive criminal activity.
Increase civilian positions allowing more deputies to FOCUS ON PROVIDING SAFETY and protecting liberties.
CREATE a better user friendly online reporting system

The ISSUES

The COST OF LAW ENFORCEMENT should not be a burden on taxpayers. By working together we can find additional areas within law enforcement agencies to reduce spending and improve services to the community. With close attention to the budget and staffing; better, quicker, and less costly service is the end result.
The right to keep and bear arms is the SECOND AMENDMENT for a reason. It is there to protect the rights of freedom; free speech, free religion and a free press. Without the ability to protect our rights, we have no freedom.

MENTAL HEALTH issues are taking a toll on our society. We must commit ourselves to finding the most appropriate manner in which to handle those unfortunate enough to be afflicted with this illness. Putting them in jail is too expensive and doesn't provide them with the help they need.

Senior citizens are more vulnerable than ever before. Scams ranging from home repair to identity theft are taking their life savings. We need to improve our education efforts to help those enjoying their GOLDEN YEARS.

Kids will be kids, and sometimes that means they make poor choices. We need to work together to make sure we are teaching our kids how to be responsible and respectful. Law enforcement needs to work more with parents and the courts not only to ensure a safe and fulfilling learning environment but also to re-think how we’re handling some JUVENILE ISSUES. We need to “let kids be kids.”

Please contact Jim Shires if you have any questions:

303-238-0021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jun 2014 16:17 #2 by ScienceChic
If you'd like to learn a little more about him, he and Jeff Shrader both presented at the 285 Corridor Tea Party Meeting in February. (Sorry for the audio, it's very difficult to balance the louder speakers and softer speakers in the Evergreen Memorial Barn setting with the limited capabilities of the software I have, and I had set up too close to the speaker).
[youtube:3jgsvcuy]
[/youtube:3jgsvcuy]

1:00:43 Jeff Shrader & Jim Shires, Candidates for Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Questions:
Constitutional carry rights
Teacher carry rights
$36M expansion of Jeffco Sheriff Office space financing
Attrition rate with deputies, what needs to change
Will you support each other once the election is over?
Do you agree with the County Commissioners collecting a higher mill?

He also did a quick 2 minute announcement at the March meeting (at the 20:20 min mark):
[youtube:3jgsvcuy]
[/youtube:3jgsvcuy]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Jun 2014 19:18 #3 by FredHayek
Amazing thing to me in this race? How much money is being spent! Especially when they have similar platforms and both have experience with the department.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jun 2014 19:24 #4 by Venturer
Haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the info SC.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds