student(?) debt

13 Jun 2014 08:28 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic student(?) debt

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, they're all the ones who are trying to get retrained after losing their jobs to scumbags like Bain Capital and RMoney, who sent their jobs overseas....

Or the ones who can't find jobs to repay their college debt in the Obamarecession?

You mean the recession that started in December, 2007, under Bush?

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, the most recent recession began in December of 2007.

We'll be recovering that nincompoop's incompetence for decades.

In the words of Indina Menzel, "Let it go."

Why isn't anyone going after colleges for constantly raising tuition faster than inflation year after year?
What business model do they have that they can get away with this?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jun 2014 10:03 #12 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic student(?) debt
You want to keep screaming about the Recession...I'm pointing out WHO'S WATCH IT STARTED ON, since "on his watch" seems to be your determining factor for everything.

I will NOT "let it go"...I will remind you, and cram it down your throat every time you bring it up.

And whoever came up with the global figure of "$2000 of debt" is a moron. People can have hundreds of thousands of dollars of student loans... And, as usual, the teabaggers would rather protect tax-cuts for the rich rather than give students a break with refinancing....

Imagine my surprise...

13 Jun 2014 17:41 #13 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic student(?) debt
"And whoever came up with the global figure of "$2000 of debt" is a moron"

Yep, look in the mirror ms math genius. Maybe you should read and comprehend numbers first and shoot later?

Nah, what fun would that be?

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

13 Jun 2014 17:48 #14 by LadyJazzer
Wasn't me...But thanks for playing.

Or, would you mean this out-of-context quote, (from an article I did not quote previously):

Warren’s bill, called the Bank on Students Act, calls for allowing holders of student loans to seek refinancing of their loans at a lower rate.

With student loan debt exceeding $1 trillion according to some estimates, Warren and supporters said the refinancing bills would aid college graduates by lowering their monthly bill payments.

The Obama administration said Warren's bill could have helped some 25 million borrowers save $2,000 each over the lifetime of their loans. It would have allowed people with older loans at higher interest rates refinance to rates below 4 percent offered today under a deal reached a year ago in Congress.

Hmmm...Nice average...Of course, that's all it is--an average.. And for "OLDER LOANS AT HIGHER INTEREST RATES" (with high principle balances for Masters and Doctorate programs, it would be thousands of dollars more...)

Imagine my surprise that the GoTeaBaggers would pass $14 Billion in new unpaid-for tax-cuts for millionaires and billionaires....and block an attempt to give students and the middle class a break by allowing them to refinance their student debt. Who knew?

(Well, if you're going to block $24 billion for Veterans, why not screw student loans while you're at it....) By the way, how's that "party rebranding effort" coming along? :LMAO:

Please...Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'....

13 Jun 2014 18:44 #15 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic student(?) debt
"Some 40 million Americans have outstanding student loan debt totaling $1.2 trillion" ...per Blazin Bob's OP link.

Today's Math homework problem Ladies and Germs! What is $1.2T/40M ?

And how much is a typical car loan?

No cheating with the calculator on the smart phones! LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

14 Jun 2014 13:00 #16 by LadyJazzer
Of course you would know whether or not the quoted figure references the average of current student loan debt or the expected savings for new debt by new students... Y'all get back to me on that now, y'hear

(Well, if you're going to block $24 billion for Veterans, why not screw student loans while you're at it....) By the way, how's that "party rebranding effort" coming along?

Please...Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'....

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds